Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Gear Score!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:26 pm 

[quote="bcrider"] You gotta love ebay for rare finds.

I picked up a brand new pair of my beloved K2 Clicker HB T1 boots for $99. :D

They are the same model I've been using for the last two years and you've all heard why I like them (blah blah blah) so I won't bore you. Sadly, mine are near the end of their life and since they don't make them anymore I recently picked up a new softboot/strap binding set up for the upcoming season. I've also been looking at some used Lowa Struktura AT boots to give the darkside another try in certain conditions. When I came across a brand new pair of my old Clicker HB T1s for super cheap…I couldn't pass it up. :mrgreen:

the boots

the first order of business was to ditch the heavy, uncomfortable stock liners and add my thermo-s

here is the binding on a Voile slider track and the boot with thermo liner

Stoked!

Post subject: Coolio boots
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:19 pm 

Cool bcrider. Got same pair from ebay. How muncho better are those liners? Was lucky to find my size 12. i've been looking for them for a while. Thxs again for all the info about the diff. models etc. Can't wait to put those babys to the test.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:55 pm 

BCrider: what thermo liners do you use and what boots can and can't you use them with? I am scared to go with another out of the box liner since i jacked my achilles in some non-removable Salomon liners last year. I user custom superfeet, but think adding a custom liner would be great too. Advice appreciated!!!

Post subject: Nice score!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:41 am 

You must be the few dedicated K2 step in users left, besides my self. I'm still convinced the Shimano/K2 step in was the best system ever, at least for BC/freeride stuff. I'm still riding with my '99 Cornice boots, which I absolutely love, but are nearing the end of their lifespan after 35+ days a season for the last four years. I'm gonna have to start watching eBay now! I've been dreading changing over to strap bindings with some s**tty freestyle oriented boot.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:44 am 

You must be the few dedicated K2 step in users left, besides my self. I'm still convinced the Shimano/K2 step in was the best system ever, at least for BC/freeride stuff. I'm still riding with my '99 Cornice boots, which I absolutely love, but are nearing the end of their lifespan after 35+ days a season for the last four years. I'm gonna have to start watching eBay now! I've been dreading changing over to strap bindings with some s**tty freestyle oriented boot.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:46 am 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:51 am 

I'm gonna have to start watching eBay. I'm still riding my '99 Conice boots, which I absolutely love, but are nearing the end of their lifespan after 35+ days a season for the last four seasons. We three must be last dedicated riders to the K2 step in system, which I'm still convinced was the best system ever devised, at least for BC/freeride stuff.

Post subject: Just a thougt
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:49 pm 

Hey, seems like lots of people really like the k2/shimano step in systems, and its too bad they arent on the market new anymore. I was wondering if anyone had thought about talking to any manufactures, perhaps bomber, or someone to see if they could produce something similliar new, I dont konw if we are a large enough market for it, like I said just a thought.
-Barret

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:48 pm 

Barret, I think Shimano is still making their step-in systems here in Japan. They have a testing center in Hakuba and seem to be pretty active, I even heard that they are coming out with a new upgraded line this year. They seem to be pretty popular, but I am a strap user so I am not that familiar. Anyway, if you are interested here are links for you:

Official Shimano Accublade Site
http://snowtec.shimano.co.jp/publish/co ... a4476dd691

Shop in Tokyo (Largo) that carries Shimano stock:
http://www.largo99.com/store/snowboard/ ... /index.htm

Both sites are in Japanese, try altavista if you need a translation
http://babelfish.altavista.com/

Post subject: Cool man
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:01 pm 

Sweet, doesnt look like those systems are exactly compatable with the old but they are definately cool. Thanks for the info, will look into it when I decide its time to upgrade. Anyone know if any US carriers sell this stuff? Maybe splitboard.com store should get into it :lol: .
-Barret

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:10 am 

kverlander wrote:
BCrider: what thermo liners do you use and what boots can and can't you use them with? I am scared to go with another out of the box liner since i jacked my achilles in some non-removable Salomon liners last year. I user custom superfeet, but think adding a custom liner would be great too. Advice appreciated!!!

posted in a different thread...

bcrider wrote:
why here of course :)
http://www.splitboard.com/shop/

I'm on my second set (my first ones lasted two seasons) and I've been very happy with them. They're superlight and remain comfy all day. Good for winter camping too. My only complaint is the inner fabric. It seems to "pile" a little in the heel area. Maybe its a sign that I need shim my heel a tad under my footbed.

There are other brands out there as well. These are the ones I'm familiar with though. Good luck!

You should be able to use these thermos (or most any other thermo out there) with pretty much any boot as long as it has a removable liner.

Dutch Marc,
I'd say the liners are waaay better than the stock liners. You'll save around 12oz a foot and be more comfortable all day. The stock ones will work though...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:26 am 

Welcome Rico!

Long live Clicker HBs! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:39 am 

Thanks for the links montoya! 8)

I've heard that Shimano still makes the system for the Japanese market. It looks like the design has changed a bit…not sure if that's good or bad. Sure wish I could see it in person.

I also know (per the President of K2 Sports) that their Clicker design (that Shimano used to produce but K2 eventually took over) could be licensed.

There most likely isn't a big enough demand for the system though. Its too bad because it really is a solid design. It just needs some refinements.