Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:27 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Looking for Seattle area splitboarders for daytrips
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:04 pm 

Live in Seattle and looking to team up with experienced riders around Crystal, Stevens or Snoqulamie. Have avalanche 1 completion, adequate bc gear, and 5 yrs of splitboarding experience (18 yrs or resort riding). I'm 40 so most of my friends are limited to resort only these days. I'm usually good for 5-6K vert per day. Just returned from a 4-day BC jaunt in Montana and itching for more BC turns. Let me know if anyone is interested in meeting up.

Jeff - Seattle
170 Venture Storm w/ Spark Blaze

Post subject: Re: Looking for Seattle area splitboarders for daytrips
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:50 pm 

I'm pretty new to splitting, only been out 4 times all around Vancouver/Whistler, but I'd love to do some touring around snoqualmie or crystal and I have a pass for both.
I have about 18 years of resort riding experience, avy gear and basic backcountry knowhow.

Andre

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:19 am 

I am new to the Seattle area, but have been splitboarding in the Baker area for a couple years. I am always looking for people to go up with! Currently I am trapped in the weekend warrior routine and lacking the funds to get out a bunch, but as soon as mid May comes around I plan on hitting up Hwy 20 as much as possible and probably try and do a couple split summits on Baker as well as maybe Glacier if I can find anyone willing. Really as much as possible. Name is Spencer, keep in touch!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:38 pm 

Guys, thanks for reaching out.

I don't have a resort pass anywhere, but looking at some possible hikes near Snoqualmie or Crystal in the upcoming days/weeks as backcountry conditions stabilize. Admittedly, my experience around here has been mainly Bullion Basin at Crystal, but I'm up for exploring some of the well known routes at Snoqualmie (Snoqualmie Mt, Granite Mt, etc.). Snoq Mt had a big avalanche last week with 5 trapped skiers, so definitely want to do my research beforehand. My schedule is pretty flexible these days, can do weekends or Mon/Tues. Let me know of your availability and we can try coordinating something. I live in Ravenna north of the U District in Seattle. Close to I5 and could meet to carpool. Have an AWD wagon and cargo box. Just let me know.

-Jeff

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:33 am 

I'm definitely interested in some Seattle area splitting. Splitted long ago and recently got back into it. I went out to Scrubfest in WY and Splitfest at Baker, so I've gotten in a few turns in the year. I'm game, but not the speediest skinner in the world. I've done the resorts for twelve years, have avy gear, etc., can do weekends, and often Mondays/Wednesdays. And my office is in Ravenna.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:23 am 

I'm highway 2 eccentric, and available 7 days a week.... Just not all 7 in one week. any where from Gold Bar to Leavenworth.

Anybody heading up this way feel free to give me a shout.

I have avi 1 x 2 + 2- .5, OEC, and MTR. EMT training with no cert.

Spencerhutch wrote:
I am new to the Seattle area, but have been splitboarding in the Baker area for a couple years. I am always looking for people to go up with! Currently I am trapped in the weekend warrior routine and lacking the funds to get out a bunch, but as soon as mid May comes around I plan on hitting up Hwy 20 as much as possible and probably try and do a couple split summits on Baker as well as maybe Glacier if I can find anyone willing. Really as much as possible. Name is Spencer, keep in touch!

Are you Leyland's buddy, Spencer?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:23 am 

ale_capone wrote:
I'm highway 2 eccentric, and available 7 days a week.... Just not all 7 in one week. any where from Gold Bar to Leavenworth.

Anybody heading up this way feel free to give me a shout.

I have avi 1 x 2 + 2- .5, OEC, and MTR. EMT training with no cert.

Are you Leyland's buddy, Spencer?

Yep that is me :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:08 am 

^^well, sweet trip up Ruby!

You guys have been gettin after it a bit this year.

What did you think of little devil?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:57 pm 

I am still a little bitter about that trip! There was so much potential before the shit ended up hitting the fan. First gear failure then my retarded mishap... oh well.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150135487753969&set=a.10150135486048969.316936.566488968&type=1
Maybe next year a rematch will be in store, and then we will at least make it out of the trees before having to turn around.

The next couple weekends are looking pretty promising, with the clearing starting on hwy 20 and hopefully some constant sun shine. If anyone has any plans or is looking for a partner keep in touch! Next weekend I am debating on hitting up Baker for closing weekend or doing some bike trekking up 20 from the west gait, either way hopefully an adventure is in store.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:03 am 

OUCH!

That looks like some sort of weird eyeball growing on your arm.

I am in tag along mode for the next couple weekends. prolly heading east of the crest.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:53 pm 

I'm headed to Baker for the weekend. No real plan but taking the split and hoping for the best. :)

#spencerhutch - I agree with ale, it does look like an eyeball peaking out and ouch!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:22 pm 

I'm free this Sunday and hoping to head somewhere in the Seattle area for a split. I'd say I'm a medium-speed skinner, but I get there and enjoy it. Any takers?

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:04 pm 

Looking for someone to show me and possibly a buddy around Crystal this coming weekend and following weeks. I just have to verify that my Big Sky Pass will still work for the "spring season."