Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:52 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: **Washington State Split Thread** 2010 - 2011
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:25 am 

Hello Washington splitters! Lurker making contact to the split world. I took the opportunity to do a little exploring on Mountain loop rd yesterday at Vesper. It was totally killer terrain and conditions, but it might have been a bit safer with a partner or two. So if anyone is interested in doing a little exploring or just good clean pow riding drop me a line. I live in Ballard and willing to split gas $$$ or rides!! Thanks and be safe out there!

Wheeler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:52 am 

Looks like we might have a rain event coming through tomorrow and Friday.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:40 pm 

^^sounds like brief heavy rain turning to heavy snow, depending on location. Could be great to have a quick bit of rain to heal the snowpack... hoar frost/sun and wind crusts and buried facets were starting to look sketch. Resort days through saturday then more bluebird and pow to come...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:12 pm 

anyone planning to do any splitting this weekend?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:00 pm 

Hello,

I'm a new splitboarder that is looking for partners to hit the Cascades. I've met two different groups on here and just want to expand my riding possibilities. I'm a capable rider in most conditions. With every trip out my skinning is improving. I'm based in Seattle but will drive anywhere. Thank you.

Mark

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:53 pm 

Hey Imitationfunk and Wheeler,

Welcome to the club. I'm up for meeting and riding with new folks, so let's try to plan some tours in the near future. That goes for anyone reading this, actually.

I'm hoping to get out this coming weekend, but it all depends on the weather. This past weekend really sucked. I spent the day in-bounds at Stevens on Saturday and was pretty disgusted with the snow. And the temps, too; it was warm! The northwest snowpack needs some love. Anyway, let's keep an eye on conditions this week and try to get out on the weekend. Take care, guys.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:54 am 

Hey Guys! Ultra Noob here looking for partners willing to show me the ropes! Been resort riding for 15 years and decided to split out into the BC this year. I've got all my own gear, Including all the major safety items. Been lurking around this site for around two months now and have picked up a bunch of good tips but there's no training like the real deal! Went for a short tour in bounds at Whistler a couple weeks ago (1800ft vert) just to shake down the gear and now I know I'm hooked! So If anyone's going out for an easier/ safer Split trip that they don't mind bringing an Ultra Noob along... It's time for me to step up... so to speak! Thanx! Chris

BTW I'm based in seattle. Can meet anywhere, drive, spilt gas, etc. Open schedule for Feb., less so in March.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:38 pm 

Any of you Seattle area folk interested in getting together over beers sometime? I'd be up for splitting, but hate the rain.

Allan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:01 pm 

I'd be up for a meet and greet. so long as you don't punch me in the face for asking too many noob questions! Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday look somewhat favorable for riding! Probably going to Stevens with my gal on Tuesday though.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:54 pm 

I finally got the foot healed and am on a week long vacation!!!

I'm looking at going to Baker sometime Thurs through Monday. I may end up dirt bagging in the parking lot or somewhere for a night or more.

Bee more than happy to meet up.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:06 pm 

Hoping to go up this coming Friday and tour around Artist's point and Table Mt. area. Forecast is looking like cold temps and good snow. I am 17, have a lot of avy training and good experience, if anyone wants to meet up just pm me and we'll figure it out

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:19 pm 

ALRIGHT! After a long period of drooling and dreaming I finally bought a splitboard! Now the only problem is that all my friends are park rats... so I need people to ride with and show me the ropes!

I'm 21 and I'm addicted to riding. I've been up something like 50 times this season so far and I'm looking to get in a lot more days if the snow holds out! I mostly ride park, but when there is snow I'm all about powder slashes and cliff drops. I have a seasons pass to Snoqualmie and Stevens so if there's someone out there who's willing to show me how to use this damn thing that would be rad.

-Dustin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:19 am 

Looking to see if anyone interested in getting out this weekend. Just PM me..

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next