Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Gear Score!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:09 am 

You gotta love ebay for rare finds.

I picked up a brand new pair of my beloved K2 Clicker HB T1 boots for $99. :D

They are the same model I've been using for the last two years and you've all heard why I like them (blah blah blah) so I won't bore you. Sadly, mine are near the end of their life and since they don't make them anymore I recently picked up a new softboot/strap binding set up for the upcoming season. I've also been looking at some used Lowa Struktura AT boots to give the darkside another try in certain conditions. When I came across a brand new pair of my old Clicker HB T1s for super cheap…I couldn't pass it up. :mrgreen:

the boots

the first order of business was to ditch the heavy, uncomfortable stock liners and add my thermo-s

here is the binding on a Voile slider track and the boot with thermo liner

Stoked!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:25 am 

Well I tried to delete a double post in the other “Gear Scoreâ€Â

Post subject: nice score!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:25 am 

Sweet! I gotta start checking eBay. I'm still riding my '99 Cornice boots, which I absolutely love, but are reaching the end of their lifespan after 35+ days a season for the last four seasons. We must be the last few dedicated K2 step in users left. I'm still convinced the K2 step in system is the best ever for BC/freeride stuff. I've been dreading the switch to strap bindings and some sh**tty freestyle oriented boot.

Post subject: nice score!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:29 am 

Sweet! I gotta start checking eBay. I'm still riding my '99 Cornice boots, which I absolutely love, but are reaching the end of their lifespan after 35+ days a season for the last four seasons. We must be the last few dedicated K2 step in users left. I'm still convinced the K2 step in system is the best ever for BC/freeride stuff. I've been dreading the switch to strap bindings and some sh**tty freestyle oriented boot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:45 am 

Hey, in the other thread info about the shimano bindings and boots available in Japan was posted, they looked pretty sweet, similliar step in system to that of the K2, was wondering if anyone knew of US retailers that carried this stuff.
-Barret

Post subject: Nice score!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:32 am 

I should start checking eBay! I'm still riding my '99 Cornice HB boots, which I absolutely love, but are nearing the end of their lifespan after 35+ days a season for the last four seasons. We must be the only dedicated K2 step in users left. I'm still convinced that the K2 step in system was the best ever for BC/freeride stuff. I've been dreading changing to strap bindings and some sh**itty oriented boot!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:33 pm 

ok for those interested here's a re-post of the Shimano-stuff:

Shimano Snow Technologies. It looks like the Accublade is the new line coming out this year (whereas Rapidfire is a bit older):
http://snowtec.shimano.co.jp/publish/co ... bf46c51437

Backcountry-oriented store in Tokyo carrying stock:
http://www.largo99.com/store/snowboard/ ... /index.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:03 pm 

bcrider: I was wondering about the liners you use. What are they called? Where do you recommend getting them? What snowboard boots do they work with, etc. I'd love to have a more custom fit, especially after having some Salomon's help to tear my achilles last season. I already use the custom superfeet and swear by them. Any info would be appreciated!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:01 pm 

Hey Kverlander, BC riders liners are the thermofit liners, and you can order them from the splitboard.com store. Alot people swear by these liners, I dont personally have any.... yet. They have two models, one that works with most soft boots, and one that is desighned to work with hard boots. Check out the online store here for more info.
-Barret

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:13 am 

The Shimano stuff looks nice enough, but the prices don't convert nicely at all... $391 for the Tripper boots, and another $261 for the XTR bindings... Ouch, quit it...

Guess the USD isn't very strong against the Yen these days...

Anyway, nice score BCR.... eBay is like a box of chocolates, or something like that... never know what you might find there.....

Post subject: Re: nice score!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:02 am 

ricorides wrote:

Welcome ricorides! 8)
I've used the Cornice boot too. Long live Clicker HBs! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:10 am 

montoya wrote:
ok for those interested here's a re-post of the Shimano-stuff:

Shimano Snow Technologies. It looks like the Accublade is the new line coming out this year (whereas Rapidfire is a bit older):
http://snowtec.shimano.co.jp/publish/co ... bf46c51437

Backcountry-oriented store in Tokyo carrying stock:
http://www.largo99.com/store/snowboard/ ... /index.htm

Thanks for the links montoya! 8)

I've heard that Shimano still makes the system for the Japanese market but I haven't tried to hunt any down. It looks like the design has changed a bit…not sure if that's good or bad. Sure wish I could see them in person. Could be a good excuse to go splitboarding in Japan. :)

I also know (per the President of K2 Sports) that the Clicker design (that one Shimano used to produce but K2 eventually took over) could most likely be licensed to an interested party for the right price.

The problem is that there isn't a big enough demand for the system. It's too bad because it really is a solid design. It just needs some small refinements.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:20 am 

kverlander wrote:
bcrider: I was wondering about the liners you use. What are they called? Where do you recommend getting them? What snowboard boots do they work with, etc. I'd love to have a more custom fit, especially after having some Salomon's help to tear my achilles last season. I already use the custom superfeet and swear by them. Any info would be appreciated!

Hi kverlander,

As Barret said I use the Deelux liners that we sell in our splitboard.com store. I've been really happy with mine (got 2 seasons out of my 1st set, now on second set). They are so light and simple. My only complaint is that the liner fabric doesn't last forever and can “pileâ€Â