Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Show Me Your Rocker...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:45 pm 

Venture Storm 166 26cm

Nose:

Tail:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:06 pm 

Mojo RX 166

Rocker

Nose

Tail

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:50 pm 

These Never Summer SL splitters are available now and come in 158, 161 and 163X (wide version). You can contact Vince@NeverSummer.com to place a order. Turn around time is 3-4 weeks I think.
I didn't mean to spill the beans on the swallow :shock: but we are going to make a run of solid swallows for a shop in Breck.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:02 pm 

Hot damn I want an SL split. You guys with your early rise rocker have no idea what your missing! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:20 pm 

Quote:
You guys with your early rise rocker have no idea what your missing! :lol:

Hell yeah, I'm with you on that one. Would rather ride a Heritage than SL though.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:02 am 

Bentley, is the rocker on the SL more than on the Summit? I've got a Solid SL and a split Summit, and it does appear that the SL has more rocker...

The new one looks even more rockered than my SL.

I sure love the Summit though, float is incredible!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:52 pm 

Topsheet:Image
Tip:Image
Tail:Image

2012 Jones solution

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:13 pm 

ImageImage
Lib Tech Banana Hammock; Left photo is clamped at the tail, right photo is clamped in the middle. Board is full reverse camber.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:34 pm 

aksltxlt wrote:
Hot damn I want an SL split. You guys with your early rise rocker have no idea what your missing!
I'm going to go out and say that yes, yes I do. And I'm ok with it.

I think the rocker debate is crazy awesome. I have experience on both rockers, Venture early rise with 0 Camber, and Neversummer RC. I must say, I love both, but they shine in different areas. I would say I think both stay on top in pow the same, so I won't go into that.

I think the Venture shines most at speed. I think this is because it holds a better big turn, and the taper with early rise just surfs down the mountain and locks in turns. And I don't think it is because of the sidecut completely, but has more to do with the rocker being on a plane instead of a pivot. Ventures just want to go faster, I think NS want to turn more and be playful because that rocker sits between your feet. I don't feel as confident at speed on my NS, I feel like I have to hold back the turn to go fast, where on my venture just open that puppy up. For my riding style in the BC, I am pumped on my choice of the Venture.

But the NS rocker I think takes the cake for resort riding for me. In a mixed bag of conditions and chop, I think it is better then Venture because its more manueverable. I think in chop I feel the venture gets bucked around and doesn't maneuver as well and quickly. The NS also has more pop and is more playful for pillows cliffs and tight playful terrain the woods, which is most what I ride on resort.

So I suppose, to each their own, but I love the options available. I'll just take a NS Raptor Solid and a Venture Split, and I think I'll be set :guinness:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:26 am 

Anyone got a picture of the Prior Backcountry rocker?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:07 pm 

summersgone wrote:
aksltxlt wrote:
Hot damn I want an SL split. You guys with your early rise rocker have no idea what your missing!
I'm going to go out and say that yes, yes I do. And I'm ok with it.

I think the rocker debate is crazy awesome. I have experience on both rockers, Venture early rise with 0 Camber, and Neversummer RC. I must say, I love both, but they shine in different areas. I would say I think both stay on top in pow the same, so I won't go into that.

I think the Venture shines most at speed. I think this is because it holds a better big turn, and the taper with early rise just surfs down the mountain and locks in turns. And I don't think it is because of the sidecut completely, but has more to do with the rocker being on a plane instead of a pivot. Ventures just want to go faster, I think NS want to turn more and be playful because that rocker sits between your feet. I don't feel as confident at speed on my NS, I feel like I have to hold back the turn to go fast, where on my venture just open that puppy up. For my riding style in the BC, I am pumped on my choice of the Venture.

But the NS rocker I think takes the cake for resort riding for me. In a mixed bag of conditions and chop, I think it is better then Venture because its more manueverable. I think in chop I feel the venture gets bucked around and doesn't maneuver as well and quickly. The NS also has more pop and is more playful for pillows cliffs and tight playful terrain the woods, which is most what I ride on resort.

So I suppose, to each their own, but I love the options available. I'll just take a NS Raptor Solid and a Venture Split, and I think I'll be set :guinness:

Completely agreed. My quiver is a Prior AMF with early rise tip and tail and the Lib TRice with C2. I love them both but in different ways.
I spend 100% of my days in the BC b/c split about 70/30 splitting to sled shuttles. We are always riding pow.
AMF has excelled in all conditions from steep chutes to pillowed tree lines. It loves going fast and I find and is super playful.
The Trice is an awsome board too. It only excells if you are slaying. If it catches you going slow it smackes me in the face. The C2 is great for stomping airs and feels super playful. The Trice almost feels like pivoting rather than turning.
The two boards are very different but both great and I'll never go back to the old camber.
The combo of the cambers would be the ultimate in my opinion. Gotta try a Burton Sherlock as that thing has the C2 with the early rise tip and tail, they call it the flying V. Is any other companies mixing the camber like the flying V????