Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:04 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Spark boots?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:22 am 

Anyone knows something about these?

Post subject: Re: Spark boots?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:42 pm 

Is that the Spark R&D logo next to them? Very interesting if it is. It says it is made by Deeluxe.

Someone could email Will.

The Deeluxe Spark softboot has been around for a while.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:25 pm 

Looks like Spark R&D is involved. Funny coincidence on the name. I don't have any specifics. I had a pair of Deeluxe Spark boots from around '04 and they were bomber but I don't know how these are different.

I cannot get it all, but the tag says roughly:

"Finally, a boot design for splitboarders. Deeluxe and Spark R&D collaborated on this boot pushing the boundaries of freedom and nature. The Spark is your reliable?? partner for every terrain and can be easily combined (?) with snowshoes or crampons. This makes? Spark the multi?-?? for real? individuals?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:40 pm 

buell wrote:
Someone could email Will.

He's not talking. Perhaps we'll hear more after the European trade show.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:11 pm 

Funny, there's like 3 threads referencing these boots right now.
So glad to see these finally coming to fruition, looking forward to hearing more from Will.
Stoked on the rockered sole, that's one of the things I hate about riding with mountaineering boots, get tons of drag/overhang from the heel/toe jutting straight out over the board.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:19 pm 

Will, please please please add an LT touring pin adapter to the toe of this boat.

I love Spark binders, but would rather have them in my pack on the up than on my feet!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:27 pm 

AK_Split wrote:
Will, please please please add an LT touring pin adapter to the toe of this boat.

I love Spark binders, but would rather have them in my pack on the up than on my feet!

+1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:42 pm 

Found some info on vibram's site - http://www.vibram.com/index.php/us/SPORTS/SnowSports/Powered-by/Featured-Items/SNO-DEELUXE-Spark

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:55 am 

spnce wrote:
Found some info on vibram's site

Thanks, spnce!

Quote:
DEELUXE Spark is a snowboard backcountry boot designed by Xavier de le Rue, Freeride World Tour champion.

* Asymetric shell construction
* Internal membrane for waterproofness
* Section Control Lacing
* Thermomouldable liner with removable heelharness
* Rubber protection
* Vibram® TSAVO outsole developed with VIBRAM® MultiTrek compound
* Compatible with snowshoes/crampons and splitboard.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:59 am 

http://espn.go.com/action/snowboarding/ ... id=6075045

Quote:
Deeluxe Spark Snowboard Boot - Deeluxe is back in the U.S. for 2011/12 after a brief hiatus, and they return with a new pro model, the Spark boot designed by and for Xavier de le Rue. It's the first snowboard boot built for the backcountry, features a mountaineer boot-style Vibram sole and just the right flex for splitboarding, bootpacking and downhill shredding.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:30 am 

aliasptr wrote:
AK_Split wrote:

+1

My initial thought was: That is an awesome idea!!!...

... BUT!! That would kill any kind of quick release option should you come in any sketchy (avy) situation and want to seperate from the skis as fast as possible. That is why Voilé is offering the rip cords on their light rail bindings.

That brings us back to the Dynafit connection wich would be just as doable, but safer imho.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:04 am 

Chewbacca wrote:
aliasptr wrote:
AK_Split wrote:

+1

... BUT!! That would kill any kind of quick release option should you come in any sketchy (avy) situation and want to seperate from the skis as fast as possible. That is why Voilé is offering the rip cords on their light rail bindings.

That brings us back to the Dynafit connection wich would be just as doable, but safer imho.

Cool boots, if they are lighter and as stiff as my Burton Driver Xs it could be a nice Christmas wish for next season. BTW you don't have to get the Voile bindings if you want avy rip cords. Check out an search some mods on any bindings. Use a sypa strong thick corded shoe lace or in my case a stainless steel cables attached to my Blaze.

Just trialed it out over the weekend doesn't get caught on shrubs and stuffsince I kept the cable short enough just to fit your thick mitts. I posted some pics on a Blaze mod thread.

Venture Storm-R 161, Spark R&D Blaze, Burton Driver X boots, ABS Avy 15/30L backpack, Avalung, Mammut Pulse Avy Beacon, BCA carbon probe. Solid board = Burton T6 159 ICS Ferrari Red, Burton C60 EST Bindings

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:20 am 

Chewbacca wrote:
aliasptr wrote:
AK_Split wrote:

+1

Some great ideas but I think that having the binding on your feet offers the lateral stiffness needed during sidehilling. I don't think the boots are stiff enough for that to be a viable option unless you were just going straight up. Trust me, I thought about it too.

Now maybe I can mount a wire bail binding onto my new verts though!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next