Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:01 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: "new" Voile swallowtail
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:13 pm 

Cookie Cutter Slayers, bland is dead! :thumpsup:

As for the Italian site, they are all debating who was the first to print a contour map on a piece of plastic (topsheet)... You know, important dick waving stuff :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:43 pm 

Yes sir I like it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:18 am 

wavy wrote:

I do! :mrgreen:
I found that photo on the Voile Facebook page.

@Snurfer: you know how it is, nothing else to say about the board so we started speaking about the graphics. If you have some more info about the board they will be very useful to improve the level of our conversation! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:21 pm 

As a matter of respect and personal introspect I've deleted my previous post. :grouphug: :drinks: :pals:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:14 pm 

snurfer,

you know i think you are a great dude and all so i say this in love, but mellow out brotha...

that photo zach has was never supposed to see the light of the internet. for the past three plus years voile has been pressing swallowtails but really only as one-offs and mainly made by employees to test out materials etc... i.e. when i was there last year sometime i saw a new 178ST that was rockered and sidewalled. who knows where that thing ended up. two or three years ago they displayed a new woodie 195 ST at the OR show and it made some waves in the community. However the following fall for whatever reason the board was never released. That is why the whole swallowtail thing was supposed to be hush hush, they didn't want to advertise and bring a lot of people in until they knew there would be a full production the following year.
also voile is a good company but(like most ski/snowboard compaines) things get kind of out of control from nov-jan due to the holidays and the OR show, letting people test shit or getting outside input isn't exactly first priority. I was told months ago that I would be given an RX to test out for awhile, i bugged them several times and finally about three weeks ago i got my hands on one. that being said since you have been in communication with Dave and in ways are responsible at least in part for getting the ball rolling i'm sure they would be glad to let you take a new swallowtail for a spin...