Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Salomon Malamute's, Ordered! I hope they fit
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:14 pm 

After reading many reviews I decided to go for the Malamute's. But I had to order them unfortunately. I called every snowboard shop in Oregon pretty much and nobody stocked them or they had really large sizes left (I'm usually an 8-9)

I stopped by one shop that carried other salomon boots though so I could try them on for size. I first tried on some F22's from last year. They felt amazing! really amazing! much better than my 4-5 year old K2 boots. Size 9 was perfect. Then I tried on Salomon's Dialogue boot because I was told this would fit closer to the malamute. They only had an 8 and a 9 so I tried those on. The 9 was too big, the 8 fit great but I could see how there would be a possibility of it being to tight, my toes were right at the end.

I ended up ordering an 8.5 (26.5) so I hope they fit!! These things are impossible to find right now. Even online I can't find anything. If the 8.5's don't work I haven't found anyone that has any other sizes in that range. so fingers are crossed!

If they are anything like the F22 and from what I've read I know they will be a very responsive boot and excellent boot. I think I will opt for getting them heat molded to my feet as well as I've heard some people recommend.

Even though the F22's were much stiffer than my current K2's they were more comfy and easier to walk in. I opted for expedited shipping, I wanna try these bad boys on and give them a test!

Post subject: Re: Salomon Malamute's, Ordered! I hope they fit
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:08 am 

Just bought some of these too. Just wearing them round the house at the moment because I'm not 100% sure about the size.

They're pretty sweet, though. I like a really secure heel and the malamutes have a separate ankle yank strap which really helps, as well as the one way plush (like skin material) grabbing your heel in the heel cup.

Hope you're stoked on yours when they arrive!

Oh, and if they're stiffer than you'd like, there are some black plastic stiffeners hidden down each side of the boot near the lace hooks in a velcroed sleeve. Take em out and try em again.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:31 pm 

I got my F22's last year, I've used them 30 days now in total, and I absolutely love em. The thing I like about the Salomon's is that they're very compact and fit very snug around my foot. The one-way plush, like nedrapier said, really seems to help to keep your heel down. They're also much smaller than other boots. I'm a 10.5, and a friend of mine was wearing size 9 Burton's, but the outside of his boots were bigger! Definitely helps with toe/heel-drag.

I just popped the top lacehook on one of the boots, so I have to go back to the shop to have it repaired.. Hope warranty covers it.

I'm sure you'll love your Malamute's, let us know how they ride once you've got them.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:59 pm 

Nice, They just arrived yesterday and they feel awesome. They were Really hard to get in to, maybe there is a trick. But once they are all the way on they feel great and I can't wait to try them out.

Thanks for the advice about if they are too stiff. It's good to know there are options. Did you opt for the heat mold liner or are you just going to wear them as normal?

gtrashfilms - I hear they are "smaller" than others in the same size which is good in every way. I don't have big feet anyway but I still would want a smaller boot that fits.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:46 pm 

Btw, just left the local shop and got the boot liners heat molded, all I can say is Wow! They feel amazing!! Can't wait to strap them in!

I definitely recommend getting yours heat molded