Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:45 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Recommendations needed
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:40 pm 

I've been riding for 10 years or so in Tahoe. Last two years have been 20+ resort days now that I have my daughter riding also. I'm an advanced rider and enjoy wide open powder bowls and tree runs. My home resort has been mainly Sierra.

I'm looking into getting some backcountry experience. I will be doing Sierra's Huckleberry Canyon tour/lesson as well as signing up for ASI backcountry intro course in the next few weeks (hopefully it snows again! 10+ days and counting since our last storm)

I'm torn between going all out and buying the Voile Mojo RX package + bindings ($1100)

versus going cheap at first and getting a used 2009 Burton S ($640) - no rocker. I've gotten used to riding powder with a rockered board.

versus splitting one of my old board. ($350 or so?) - I would definitely split my own but the board wasn't a powder specific board and I'm not sure if it's worth it to waste a split kit on it. (Option Kevin Sansalone freeride board from 2005/2006).

The fear of going cheap is paying twice - eventually getting what I initially should have purchased.

thanks

Post subject: Re: Recommendations needed
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:53 am 

come down to Sentury in Reno. 14 day free demos gives you the chance to ride whatever they make. $1100 is a ridiculous amount of cash to spend on a splitboard! Sentury boards come with Voile kit and skins and will leave you enough to get the Blazes and still be under the $1100 price tag! Give them a call.