Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:46 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Karakoram?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:10 pm 

WhitePine wrote:
BGnight wrote:
Blazes are really nice in pow, but they're just too flimsy for hard pack although they will get you by and there really isn't a better alternative. I won't even get into light rails :wink:

How exactly are Sparks too flimsy? They are solid airplane grade aluminum. Sure, everything flexes to some degree but several times when I ride my split inbounds and I hit hard pack I've noticed how much more solid they feel than a traditional binding. Aren't Karakorams aluminum as well?

Please explain.

i can roll my foot sideways both ways with ease when strapped in. That's not suppose to happen. Flex is ok, but I shouldn't be able to literally lift my sole completely side to side. I love the feel in powder and they're even fine on chalky snow, but on hard pack at high speeds they feel dangerously unsupportive. I thought russman was full of crap talking about lateral support with the extra material down the side being significant. But he's correct that it makes a huge difference. The sides of the foot need some sort of material to lean against in the binding to keep the foot from lifting

but like i said, i'm happy with them and they get the job done in most situations.

Sparks aren't anywhere near as supportive as regular bindings. Not sure why you would think that. It's not even close. My homemade Ride binders that rughty welded (see DIY thread) and constructed for me were soooo much nicer feeling and supportive than the Blazes. Unfortunately they bent a tad too much or I'd still have my Blazes in the box.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:34 pm 

jlag wrote:
I tell you what bro brah ya dude. You pick the line, any line. You ride your free "sicker than you" gear and i'll ride my Mojo with pucks. If i beat you to the bottom i get all your gear....and you never post here again.

If you beat me i'll do the same.

Fuck yes! Finally, a challenge! I like your style jlag. I would love to wager on this too :thumpsup:

HU 4 ROLLZ BITCHES!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:29 pm 

Quote:
Sparks aren't anywhere near as supportive as regular bindings. Not sure why you would think that. It's not even close. My homemade Ride binders that rughty welded (see DIY thread) and constructed for me were soooo much nicer feeling and supportive than the Blazes. Unfortunately they bent a tad too much or I'd still have my Blazes in the box.

yeah they are so supportive they broke his foot. :roll: (although that was a hell of a welding job)

this challenge thing sounds interesting, but my splitboard was made by a bunch of liberal knee-dipping tree fairies and their hobbits in the mythical land of the wasnatch so there is no way i could keep up with you new age hipsters on your speed sticks and neat-o space bindings.

so i guess i'll never post here again.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:43 pm 

jlag wrote:
I tell you what bro brah ya dude. You pick the line, any line. You ride your free "sicker than you" gear and i'll ride my Mojo with pucks. If i beat you to the bottom i get all your gear....and you never post here again.

If you beat me i'll do the same.

EDIT: Last night's post was sarcasm, nothing more..

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:59 pm 

PS. Whatever is said in here, I'll still tour with any of you sweet darling guys any day. Assuming most of us losers posting spray have testosterone poisoning, have no lives outside of snowboarding, and are more than likely both :guinness: and :doobie:, we're all probably reasonably good company!

EDIT: UTAH is a good dude, and I should quit trying to poke fun through the web. It doesn't get communicated in the right light.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:45 am 

edited after some reflection and private talk with russman. my rant this morning seems to have been misconstrued as hate. let me make this clear, i do not hate russman. the people who know me know i'm not a hater. i guess you could call it russman overload and fatigue. and my sarcasm meter sucks, as does my sense of humor.

but, i stand by this statement, as we all know this to proven truth,
as recently stated in another thread,
ehcarley wrote:
Russman, you are such a fucking fanboy.

i just we all could stop slagging each other for our gear preferences.

i'll leave you with this thought: a somewhat wise friend once told be, a great musician doesn't blame his intrument. meaning, it's not so much about equipment as it is about skill and experience. i personally know a guy, a fellow splitter, who absolutely kills it ~60 days a season on 6 year old gear, don't tell him his problem is his board.

(edited again) oh and for the record, i haven't got anything against jones snowboards or karakoram bindings. maybe someday i'll get my hands on them and form my own opinion.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:55 am 

Never mind....

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:22 am 

Everyone please see new topic

http://splitboard.com/talk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=10229

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:15 pm 

ricorides wrote:
..... i'm beginning to form a few possibilites though: 1) you have a financial interest in jones snowboards and karakoram bindings. 2) you are a product rep for said companies. 3) you are just simply a gear whore of the highest magnitude, like a little child a christmas. seriously though, if you are a rep, or are a financial stakeholder in these companies, SAY SO, then we all can consider your contibutions here on the board as SPAM.

Go with gear whore of the hightest magnitude...

Actually, this probably does need some clarification. I appreciate the post ricorides.

I do not make any income from the snowboard industry. In fact, I make almost no money at all. I hammer nails and paint houses, and it goes towards paying for splitboarding and my master's degree... and the occasional gallon of milk. If you want to disregard all my thoughts as subjective, that's up to you.

The Karakoram engineers are dear friends of mine, and I feel extraordinarily greatful to know such positive and intellegent human beings. I mean, the guy's are downright brilliant! My recent posts were motivated by irritation at some of the personal attacks on them and their company. I realize that even playful bantering cant be properly interpreted over the net, so that is my learning curve.

A question I seem to be having a hard time answering is "Why are some people so threatened by something new? Nobody really cares when a new AT Ski binding comes out? Isn't this a positive thing?"

The best answer I can come up with: The fact that the Karakoram thread has taken on such a negative feel sheds light on the fact that this is a new technolgoy that has great merit. If it were a joke, people wouldn't be fired up. So perhaps its all positive anyway?

At any rate, you guys shouldn't weigh my ADD with Karakoram. I would love to contribute a legitimate part to the industry eventually, but for now I just snowboard..

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:42 pm 

Mengz... Tell ya what... Everybody chill, grab your favorite set up, stop the rippin on each other, fokkin tromp up and ride down meng. When I'm chokin on powder I don't give a fokk what's on my feet...I'm in my moment...I love my set up because it's mine, and it rides how I like it to ride...period. :thatrocks:

I don't come to sb.com to see spray fest... It's not the reason why I started splitting... I'm willing to bet it's not for any of us.

I come here to bullshit with my bros, and see amazing photos.

shred the gnar mengs.....olay!

(in HFT's words)"real good then"

-Luther Standing Bear,

http://splitrippin.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:18 pm 

I love the fact Russ can ruffle so many people's feathers so easily and he has the least hostile attitude out of every single sole in this thread. ("Fagbag in Baghdad" was justified :thumpsup:...and funny.)
If we can't talk shit on a SNOWBOARD forum to each other then I'll give back my internet pass. Stop being Nancys and buy some Karakorams. All you haters know deep down they're the best thing going and you're bitching cuz you're either loyal to another company or you can't afford to splurge. If you can't afford them then get a job or rob a liquor store. Don't hate. Appreciate. KAAARRRRRAAAKOORRRRAMMMMSSSSSSS ARE THE BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT SPLITBOARD BINDING EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

and i ride Blazes :bananas: :scratch: :( :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:37 pm 

russman wrote:
NO SOLICITORS

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Can't we all just get along

I think we could all use a little bit of stoke

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:16 pm 

BROOKS! You are freaken HILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLARIOUS!! Hahahahahaha!!!

Kyle! WE SO NEEDED THAT! Snow looked super rippable!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next