Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SLC - Primarily weekend tour group looking for more members
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:52 am 

Been touring with the same set of friends for around 5 years now and having the time of my life. Unfortunately, tragedy struck this year and one of our core members went down with a ruptured achilles. Figured this would be a good time to open the doors to some new faces and make some new friends here in the Wasatch. There are a lot of different touring/riding styles out there, I'll try to give as much information as possible to help people decide if our agenda sounds like fun to them. Please don't hesitate to PM me here with additional questions.

The group consists of two splitboarders and four AT/Telemark guys. Most of the time, we'll have 2-4 people on a given tour. We determine tour times and locations during the week via email and people are free to opt in our out depending on personal commitments. We get out every Saturday and a few times a month we'll get out during the week as well. Dawn Patrols are 1-2 times a week. The group is old dudes (I'm 36) with families and jobs, hence the scheduling.

We ski quality lines and lots of vert but the emphasis is most often on hitting good snow as the priority and maximizing our skiing. What this means is that laps on Red Stack are more likely than a single shot out Coalpit. We don't ski anything we have to rope into... we're pointed a bit more to the "ski" side in "ski mountaineering".

In order to have fun with us, you should be cool with the following:

1. Understand and be practiced with rescue techniques. Would prefer some avalanche and route-finding skills but are willing to help people grow and learn as long as we can trust them if a rescue situation ever happens.
2. Be fit enough to climb 8k vert at a quick pace. We don't need you to break trail, just be able to keep pace and have enough gas in the tank to still ski out.
3. Be able to make it to Wasatch trailheads by 7:00am consistently.

A PM here is the best way to reach me during the week. Thanks,