Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: BGnight's climate video thread take 2
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:55 am 

...apparently threatened by increasing levels of man made carbon dioxide levels. Discuss at link below and not here!

My Climate video link was moved. Linking to this because the Outta bounds forum room is basically Siberia. I think this is a viable topic for splitboarders as one of the main premises behind this theory is the snow will disappear due to rising temperatures. I'd love to here peoples viewpoints from both sides and those on the fence. Or you can just call me a trolling libertarian and make assumptions about my motives. All kinds of comments welcome! I'm really curious about peoples viewpoints on this subject and it intrigues me to see what emotions this topic can evoke.

I REALLY just want people to watch this video!!! Factual information never hurt anyone!

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=10029

Post subject: Re: Deeep powder....
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:10 am 

Duder... lets keep it to splitboarding, eh buddy!

We all have our opinions on everything from rollin doobers to tweakin grabs, and global issues.

Put your opinions and emotions into practice... if it's for the good of all mankind...even better...I'm all for a world where positive, healthy practices rub off on others.

:doobie: :thumbsup:

-Luther Standing Bear,

http://splitrippin.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:06 pm 

?I'm here for deep powder :scratch: ?

Poor form on the misleading title.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:38 pm 

The scientific community is almost universally agreed that the overall temperature is rising at an unprecedented rate (compared with known history). Also well documented is the alarmingly fast rate of glacial recession, also unprecedented. The vast majority of the scientific community also believes that the warming trend is highly related to the rise in atmospheric levels of CO2, which are rising at an alarming rate.
Over the long term, the outlook for snowfall amounts are dismal. Over the short term, in Colorado, global warming models predict more snowfall, and a shorter season, with warmer average temperatures-so here in Colorado, over the short term, we will likely have better conditions (and less avy danger), albeit with a shorter season. The season in Colorado is already a month shorter, in my experience, than it was 10 years ago.
But the long term outlook is pretty dismal, without a big change in our carbon producing and deforestation habits.

http://protectourwinters.org/
http://14ersnowboardproject.homestead.com/

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:10 pm 

PolyAss JONG. Oh wait, this is splitboard.com not TGR.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:18 pm 

BGnight wrote:
Or you can just call me a trolling libertarian

I'm going with this one. :lol:

But that doesn't mean I dont like and respect you Brooks. :)

Its all good man that you want to talk about this stuff. My question to you is why you want to talk about this on a bluebird pow day. Shouldn't you be out shredding for those of us that can't? That's the right thing to do and will leave you a lot more satisfied than arguing.

Feel free to carry on though............I just ask you do it in the OB. :headbang: