Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:09 am 

i'm also going to try and make it to scrubfest this year. no, just kidding. i'm not planning on it, but it may happen. there's too many lines around here that i have to hit. plus, i'm MUCH more into smaller parties.

bozone crew- yep, i'm down to meet up and get to know one another. i think it would be nice. no TGR film for me. saving my $$$ for stormshadow...... and L1P, Shanghai Six in November :wink: . the stormshadow film is on a saturday (Oct 1) too, so we could meet up after that a little easier than the thursday night TGR film. plus it's a local film. not all splitters are, uhm :? old enough to get served at a bar either. something to keep in mind. whereever, whenever.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:29 am 

Word up WSR! Congrats to the wife and future splitter!

Maybe a late February scrubfest would work better this year... not sure though. It might be nice if it didn't conflict with the Utah fest so we can get down there too. Dave, don't be resigned to missing the scrubfest - it was fun last year despite the marginal conditions. Splitters unite!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:07 pm 

Crew,

Thanks for the congrats on the future splitter. I am stoked for sure! :D

As far as Scrub Fest, it could happen on either Teton or Togwotee Pass. It is up to you all. I feel confident and comfortable putting together tours on either pass. End of February works for me (February 25-26). Let me know who is down for these dates.

I saw the mention of the need for a few more people to show up. I agree. Something that would be nice and may help is to have a little sponsorship (I know it goes against the grain of the down and out dirtbag splitboard scrubs but EVERYONE loves Booty). Who could help, guide, show me the way of getting a few sponsors who would like to kick down to the cause? This could help out the event for sure...what about the boss DJ? DJ Barney...could you guys help us a little?

As far as rooms and lodging on Togwotee Pass: There are new owners at Lava Mountain Lodge that will be keeping their motel open all winter this year (rooms go for $85 a night) or for the rich splitters, Togwotee Mountain Lodge is only $250 a night. For the hearty, we could camp again. If we did it on Togwotee, we could have slide show at Togwotee Mountain Lodge and maybe do one breakfast there as well.

Just a few ideas....please keep kicking the ideas around and help me find some sponsors with booty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:12 pm 

Quote:
not all splitters are, uhm old enough to get served at a bar either. something to keep in mind. whereever, whenever.......

I didn't mean we had to meet at bar when I mentioned my booze induced winter rambling. I'm open for whatever.

Quote:
i'm MUCH more into smaller parties.

I have to agree with ya. I was a little hesistant about going in such a large group. However everyone in the group was very conscious about group size/abilities and I believe we were making good decisions. Also when I said more people I kinda figured it would make forming smaller groups that much easier.

Quote:
it was fun last year despite the marginal conditions. Splitters unite!

Amen! And this year we'll have much better snow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:24 am 

Togwotee pass works for me. It's a bit closer and more economical to for me to make that journey. Especially looking at gas prices these days. Lava Lodge sounds good, though if it is late enough in the season, I am not opposed to camping. My friend has an igloo maker. We were going to experiment with that this winter. Maybe it will be practical to make an igloo city. Rumor has it they are warm. I am not sold yet, but will give it the 'ol college try this winter on Berthoud Pass.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:06 pm 

I'd be up for either pass. I've been going to Teton pass for the past 3 years, and I've had nothing but good times. Never been to Togwotee.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:10 pm 

So far, it looks like Togwotee Pass is the ticket for Scrub Fest. There are many many options on the pass. I am stoked about the possibility of an igloo. Last year, we were supposed to have a wall tent, but it fell through. I will check on that again this year. Let's keep these ideas churning!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:49 pm 

that sounds sweet, i have not ventured down there yet. sign me up, i'm in!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:42 am 

An igloo? After hearing about the things WSR's friends(NOLS instructors) do to thier groups like blocking them in and burying themselves inside the igloo to scare the sh*t out of people I don't know. Oh wait, no that actually sounds pretty damn hilarious! And Togwotee is alright if that's what everyone wants, there was a lot of possibilities down there. Might have to hit up teton also while I'm down there again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:35 pm 

togwotee sounds good, i have never riden there, only driven by. it seems that i remember a lot of snowmobiles being there. it's close to se idaho, so that will be great, and then a utah splitfest, cool!. will tahoe still have one if they have one in utah? i would like to see the tahoe bc, i don't know shit about that place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:56 am 

Are old people allowed? Love to attend but at 47? Tenting, Bozo, Wy, - its all good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:30 pm 

Everyone is invited. There is no such thing as old people. That is all a matter of mind. I hope that you will be able to join in on the fun Lewmt

WSR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:06 pm 

Yeah, join in. I am sure I'll drag a couple of AT'rs and a tele-cook or two...