Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NORRONA
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:24 pm 

Anybody have any experience with Norrona? I hear they are making incredible steez these days.

I just ordered a Purple Lofoten Jacket. Yes, I did indeed say "purple".

Purple is the new red beeyatches!

Post subject: Re: NORRONA
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:56 am 

over the last couple of years i have used norrona exclusively, and i really recomend it.
They had some QC problems a couple of years ago, when they moved their production. But I think it's all good again. Their customer service is also top notch, atleast here in norway.

The Lofoten series is excellent for backcountry snwboarding, The last few seasons i have been using the Lofoten one-piece. It may look a little funny, but its super comfy and you never, not even on the deepest days, get any snow in.

(please excuse poor english)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:49 am 

I've been wearing a Lofoten hybrid softshell jacket for touring this season and am super stoked on it. Breathes really well (way better than my Westcomb Event shell) and is pretty damn waterproof. Really light and fits great too. Quality seems on par with Westcomb and Arc'teryx, though it was made in China. Prices are kinda out of hand, but you can usually find them on sale. I think it's the perfect jacket for our [usually] dry Utah conditions. Wore it yesterday in NW conditions (30ish and puking) at the resort though, and didn't get wet. You can feel the wind a bit more than a hardshell obviously.

Nesse - you wear the one piece touring? I don't think I could do that, I'm usually jacketless on the uptrack. I do lust after the black and white checkerboard suit for resort days though! :disco:

Various Chimera prototypes
TLT5/Dynafit/Phantom
32 ULs/Blaze LT

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:40 am 

In the winter the one-piece is no problem for tourng. Its pretty well vented. And later in the season i tie the top-part around my waist. It has the exactly the same feautres as the Norrøna Lofoten Jacket/pants except for beeing sown together.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:17 am 

I bough a Norrona Narvik shell from DOG dirt cheap back in the fall, really nice jacket, superb quality, and very light weight.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:16 pm 

I can also recommend Norrøna. If you have the jacket and pants from Norrøna, theres IMHO no need for the one piece. The pants can be zippered to Norrøna ski jackets or buttoned to the powder skirt. Also check out Whiteout, a brand made by Norrona with more snowboard focus. Nice stuff!