Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: split/scrubfest dates?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:54 pm 

any idea on the date(s) for splitfest or scrubfest this year? pretty early, but i would really like to make one of these, thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:17 am 

I would definitely like to make it out to the sierras this winter and ride with some folks from here. I'd also love to see some more people head to our neck of the woods for another scrubfest. WSR are you done riding your bike yet :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:54 am 

Way too early for dates but I'd be stoked on a trip to Bozeman.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:35 am 

lifelinksplit, i'm looking for some fellow splitters this winter. we should plan some trips. i would definately be up for the sierra's. let me know what your schedule is like for riding this winter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:13 pm 

As for the scrubfest, I suggest a rendezvous sometime next month for all the Bozeman splitters to discuss winter plans, after which we can see what all the Wyoming/Utah splitters are into.

Ecobrad: We'd love to have you up here! That goes for all the splitters everywhere else too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:37 pm 

please don't neglect the idaho splitters (we have very soft feelings), bozeman is close for us. what time of year did the events take place last year? scrubfest was fairly late, like march, wasn't it?

Post subject: Splitfest
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:58 pm 

There will definitely be a Voile sponsored Splitfest in the Wasatch again this season. I've heard some interest from Couloir in having it here, but no official response yet. Regardless, there will be a Wasatch Splitfest. My personal choice would be for January or February to increase the odds for some legendary Pow. There will also be some key pioneers from splitboarding history in attendance, and it should be a great time for all. I've even got some limited space in my home for those going on the cheap. First come first serve, with the original Splitfest Posse getting the first opportunity. Should be AWESOME!

(801) 973-8622
www.voile-usa.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:10 pm 

utah is close, cooler snow in feb.. if you get a season like last year it will be unbelievable snow. i am in. i have never ridden any bc in montana so i hope the scrubfest is a go there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:12 pm 

RIGHT ON dj!!! 8)

Post subject: Out of hiding at the mention of a Festival
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:30 pm 

I am officially out of hiding at the mention of the Scrub Fest. Thanks folks for bringing me out of the woodwork. I have been thinking a bit about the Scrub Fest this year. I thought we would keep it a Wyoming (Togwotee or Teton Pass) thing, but it is totally open for discussion. My wife is expecting on January 14th, so I really need to keep that month open for the family. I think the end of Feb. would be a good time for the Scrub Fest.

Let's open with discussion on what people would like to see. I would really like to hear from the participants last year too.

P.S. I am working on a little slide show of this summer's adventures. The Skillet Glacier (Mt. Moran) got ticked off my list. Keep those eyes posted.

Good to be back!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:26 pm 

when is a good time for the montana splitters to get together? the new TGR flick is showing on the 22nd of september in bozeman. any of you all going to that? maybe we could talk after the late show. i have class till 7 that night but i could also me before the showing and then go to the show and get stoked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:02 am 

Congrats WSR! On both the baby and the skillet.

As for scrubfest I personally don't care if it would be in montana or wyoming. Plenty of great stuff to ride either way. I would like to see one thing this year: more people :lol: While I had a great time last year with the people who attended, I think it would be great to meet some more people. i think we need to figure out a location first, but sleeping options are probably a concern for some people. Would we try tenting it again? Are there people who would be opposed to camping? And obviously we would be splitting(ha ha) into smaller groups if we have more people than last year. Just a few initial thoughts. Oh and I think BH has new tires so no donut adventures this year.

dtimms- I'm pretty open most of the time after work. Everybody else? Lately get a little booze in me and winter is all I talk about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:28 am 

I am going to try to make it this year. Last year, just wasn't in the cards for me.