Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Winterstick Split
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:51 pm 

The specs are on the website for each board and I talked to the splitboard engineer at factory and he said you can pretty much get as much rocker in the nose as you want!

They really need to stop :doobie: and get their website dialed in though.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:36 pm 

I wish I was the tech guy to go deal with the web-site but I am a useless snowboarder and I have no time because of it.

Tom

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:05 am 

This is awesome. Congrats! I would love to try the ST 66. Will there be a demo board to make the rounds at the different splitfests this year?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:13 pm 

SanFrantastico wrote:
This is awesome. Congrats! I would love to try the ST 66. Will there be a demo board to make the rounds at the different splitfests this year?

Will see what can be done on that one.

Tom

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:58 am 

It could be good for you... There have been splitfests in WA, WY, UT, CA, and this year Canada. Last year we had ~30 people at Convict lake and a lot of people got to see the new Ventures, the rockered Voile's, the Fuse and Karakorum bindings for the first time and to ride them. A lot of opinions got formed that wa for sure. It would be great to see Winterstick in the mix.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:48 pm 

Just put my order in for a custom '62 Severe Terrain w/ early rise rocker in the nose.
Fyi, they charge a little more $$$ for custom rocker on top of the $855.
It's nice to be able to talk directly with the people building it though. Pete had a good idea what I wanted w/ the rockered nose and he even said he'd consult w/ T.B. himself on it. They even asked if I wanted my name on it. Pretty cool (i declined)

Met Tom on Beaver Bowl at A. Meadows other day. Cool dude, and got to watch him rip some pow :headbang:

Can't wait to get this board :drool:
Will post pics when I receive it (he said around 3.5 weeks from time I put my order in)

Another fyi: they now put the nose and tail clips down a bit off the very tips like Venture, Sentury, and whoever else does.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:37 pm 

BGnight wrote:
Just put my order in for a custom '62 Severe Terrain w/ early rise rocker in the nose.
Fyi, they charge a little more $$$ for custom rocker on top of the $855.
It's nice to be able to talk directly with the people building it though. Pete had a good idea what I wanted w/ the rockered nose and he even said he'd consult w/ T.B. himself on it. They even asked if I wanted my name on it. Pretty cool (i declined)

Met Tom on Beaver Bowl at A. Meadows other day. Cool dude, and got to watch him rip some pow :headbang:

Will post pics when I receive it (he said around 3.5 weeks from time I put my order in)

Another fyi: they now put the nose and tail clips down a bit off the very tips like Venture, Sentury, and whoever else does.

Ditto - I pulled the trigger on this today after talking to the designer/engineer. Their willingness to work with what I specifically wanted in the board characteristics sold me. I could have come real close with what I wanted in a Prior BC for the same-ish price once backing out the cost of hardware/skins, but I wanted a stiff tail and just the nose rockered. I also asked they stiffen the board a little more, and they are customizing the insert pattern width by adding 2 inserts so I can get the exact stance options I want to deal with riding on the east coast from time to time.

Plus for some nostalgic reason, I've always wanted to own a Winterstick. It's name is as synonymous with snowboarding history as Burton, Sims, Barfoot, etc. Bonus that its TB thats driving the design influence, someone I've respected and admired a long time.

Now I need to decide on bindings...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:36 am 

bump this thread when you guys get your boards in hand with some pics, yo...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:55 pm 

I should have mine within the next 3 hours!
Will post pics