Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Boots...what are you using...Soft , Step-in, AT, Alpine, PMB?
Poll ended at Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:01 pm
Soft boots 51%  51%  [ 25 ]
Step-in boots 16%  16%  [ 8 ]
AT boots 22%  22%  [ 11 ]
Alpine boots 6%  6%  [ 3 ]
PMBs 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 49
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:01 am 

Greg, if your mods invlve removing a buckle and strap, let me know. I'm actualy in the process of trying to add some straps to a set of boots...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:16 pm 

Hey Eric, let me know what you need, I may be able to provide some straps off of a set of shells I've got laying around. Jon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:50 pm 

Eric, I've got lots of Raichle Hardboot buckles/straps if you need something.

Greg, do you have a set of plates? I'd be happy to lend you some goodies. Bomber splitboard plates or F2 Toe/Heel pieces that mount directly to the sliders (very light setup).

Looks like I missed a rather lively Hard/Soft debate. Gonna have to stop by more often. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:32 pm 

Eric, just PM'd you with the details Jon Dahl sent me... Just hadn't gotten around to actually making the changes yet...

Hardbooter,

Might take you up on that. I have a heavy old set of Cateks I was going to try to get to work with my Voile slider plates, but I do love the Bomber stuff. If it works out, I think my money would be gong that way. Fin makes some good stuff...

Post subject: Boot parts
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:48 pm 

I basically need everything save the lower foot section. I'm experimenting with two pair ofAT boots I have (Denalis and SBH's fro back in the day). I'm actually going the other way then most of you folks, looking to add a rear spoiler, about an inch or two in the tounge and another buckle ber boot. If folks have parts they are looking to donate to a good home (albeit a mad science home), I'm all ears. Parts I'm looking for are cuffs, softish tounges, long straps and retainers, buckles and all associated hardwear. Effectivly I'm going to try and either mate an AT lower to a X25 upper, or get as close as I can !! :twisted:

Shoot me PMs so we can work out the details! Oh, and Jon, I'm ORCarve Eric relocated. Hows it going in the PNW?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:40 am 

Anyone tried Northwave CP3's(softies)? They were recommended to me but haven't seen anything on here yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:59 pm 

I love this topic! For the last 2.5 seasons I have been using the dynafit MLT's. Lately though I have been thinking of going back to a soft boot for everything but mtneering style riding. I alway look at the sierra tr's with envy. Such sick lines in a soft boot set up just don't seem as feasible out here in the desert. By the time lines like that are safe, crampons and ice ax are almost a must and putting up a boot just don't seem as fun in soft boots. What your thoughts on how snowpack conditions play a role in boot selection. Don't get me wrong there are many mellow safe pow runs to be had, I'm talking sick, technical lines deep in the back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:24 pm 

Welcome UTAH. :)

UTAH wrote:
What are your thoughts on how snowpack conditions play a role in boot selection.

Snow conditions play a huge role in boot selection. What works well for one person in their region may not work well for someone in another.

Post subject: Hey, bcrider...
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:45 pm 

it's time to put up! You know, the short boot article I sent in the mail? That oughta add some fuel to the fire around here, I haven't seen a fresh post in days!! :twisted:

Post subject: Re: Hey, bcrider...
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:54 am 

Jon Dahl wrote:
it's time to put up! You know, the short boot article I sent in the mail?

Sorry for the delay Jon.

The main crux is that I need someone to help me get the content on the site. My technical skills are limited.

I posted a query here http://www.splitboard.net/talk/viewtopic.php?t=847 . Let me know if you know anyone that might be interested.

Another option we could do is to have you share it via our forum. Just copy and past the text from your Word doc and put it into a thread here. If you need help adding pics let me know.

Post subject: I'll have a go at it....
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:01 am 

if I can get someone computer literate to help me, I've got it in Word on that disc, too. Might be able to put it all on here with that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:42 am 

I'll send you a PM tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:14 am 

Burton Step In (Ruler SI) and Burton SI-X (carbon high backs). They never fail. Love em....