Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/split/public_html/talk/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3545: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3547: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Splitboard.com Forums • View topic - LT- PIN touring brackets

Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: LT- PIN touring brackets
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:18 pm 

Has anyone use or seen these? Do you need shims for these or are they ready to go as is. They look pretty sweet. Thinkin about getting a pair

Anyone got any info....website says backordered till dec1. I havent seen them advertise anywhere else??

Thanks Sam

Post subject: Re: LT- PIN touring brackets
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:54 pm 

They only announced their release on Friday. Which would explain the lack of info. They look sweet to me. I'm planning on picking up a pair, hopefully from my local shop, failing that, from spark R&D directly.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:26 am 

They're sold at Mountain Gear too. There's a link on the front page of this website.
I just ordered 'em and says they're expected to ship the 24th

They look awesome

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:47 am 

So to be clear, if you already have a pair of Spark Blazes, which come with two pins, and then you order these touring brackets, you would then find yourself with two spare pins?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:42 am 

prior_rider wrote:
So to be clear, if you already have a pair of Spark Blazes, which come with two pins, and then you order these touring brackets, you would then find yourself with two spare pins?

Pretty sure you cannot use the stainless steel pins with these, they come with aluminum pins.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:33 pm 

Yep what ^ said!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:10 pm 

I don't see why you couldn't use the steel pins with the new brackets!? Bindings and brackets will then both have plastic bushings, to prevent wear on pins, which makes it possible to use aluminum and to save some weight.
You can't use the aluminum pins with your old Voile Brackets because they would wear down really fast. Correct me if I'm wrong!
I ordered mine (STOKED!) and I'm planning to throw a backup steel pin in my fix kit.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:35 pm 

Hey splitters,
The LT brackets are fully compatible with both our stainless and aluminum pins, but you can only use our aluminum pins with the LT brackets.

:thumpsup:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:42 pm 

Any chance you will offer a bracket/binding combination package?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:02 am 

Will wrote:
Hey splitters,
The LT brackets are fully compatible with both our stainless and aluminum pins, but you can only use our aluminum pins with the LT brackets.

this sentence makes no sense. maybe I'm not awake yet. This is pretty confusing.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:17 am 

^^^
I agree "fully compatible" but you cant use them? I dont think thats compatible.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:25 am 

What I get from this is:
Aluminum Pins -> LT Bracket Only. If you use them on your voile bracket, you'll shred them fast, because they are a lighter material and need to be in the bushing.

Stainless Steel Pin (comes with Blaze / Fuse / Iggys) -> Regular Touring bracket and LT Bracket. If you get the LT Bracket, then you will have spare pins you can use left over from previous.

So basically, you can use either pin with the LT Bracket, Aluminum or Stainless Steel, doesn't matter. Just the Aluminum is lighter, and comes with it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:08 pm 

prior_rider wrote:
Will wrote:
Hey splitters,

this sentence makes no sense. maybe I'm not awake yet. This is pretty confusing.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing