Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:33 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Voile (Manufacturer) Thread
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:56 pm 

rughty wrote:
Wasatch, you definitely have a point with Jones board production. I would rather have a board made right here in the US. I could care less about "green". That is just hippy talk to me, but if that's the image you are striving for, then be true to it. As far as Voile goes... I respect them for getting after it back in the day, but without new product innovation, they will eventually be over taken by companies with more desire to grow and serve us, the end user. After all, we are the ones who pay their bills! That is just simple and good business ethic. Maybe they don't want to be the top dog anymore??? Or perhaps you are stoked on some insider info from those friends of yours that you can't discuss publicly?!

i have no insider info :( and i agree that now is the time for them to decide where they want to end up in the splitboard game. besides the splitboarding interface the best thing voile has done for splitboarders is the swallowtail. so at least I would like voile to bring back the swallowtail, as that would be a unique product that currently no other split company is producing. sparks and the light rail are just a temporary fix. sparks are cool, but really guys on here have been making DIY versions of the ignition for years(check some of the really old post in the DIY section, there are some wacky things that have been bolted on to slider plates) besides sparks is dependent on the continuation of the voile interface. so if all these new interfaces/bindings designs take off you can kiss spark r&d goodbye(unless of course they are willing to work with Will, which i hope can happen). the light rail was better that spark r&d back in the ignition II days, but the fuse and blaze are probably a step ahead. but really why are companies still wasting their time with 1990's strap technology? if you want progression and all that bullshit someone needs to throw down and develop an integrated split specific boot/binding combo. i tried to push that when i was at voile and everytime i see dave i remind him of that. to voile's credit the did explore some options in that direction, but at that time it wasn't meant to be.

i think spark r&d and karakorum are awesome for taking chances and stepping into the game, but i just don't think they are the end all, be all of splitboarding. however i am excited about what they can do in the future and i hope voile will be up there with them.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:18 pm 

wasatch surf wrote:
besides the splitboarding interface the best thing voile has done for splitboarders is the swallowtail. so at least I would like voile to bring back the swallowtail, as that would be a unique product that currently no other split company is producing.
X2.... although Prior makes an ST split.... but its....... well its not the same.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:21 pm 

oh yeah i forgot they did. i've never seen anyone on one though.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:39 pm 

I think we will begin to see more money for R&D come into splitboarding as it grows in popularity. It seems to be taking off and Deeper will help that. With money comes improving tech. I know a lot of you guys want a step in binding. I have no interest, and I think a lot of people feel the same way. The feel would be different and every experience I have had with step ins has been unfailing negative.

What I want is what most us agree on, a boot that will accept a crampon, have a vibram sole and work great for booting up a cooly or shreding pillows lines.

Oh, and if stuff didn't cost an arm and leg that would be nice too...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:42 pm 

Dearest Voile,

+1 on the swallow tail. I have the bread set aside and everything. Just waiting for Voile to realize that the swallow tail should never go away. Don't make me go buy a Prior and paint flames on it. http://www.priorsnowboards.com/boards_s ... tboard.php

If there's no Voile swallowtail available by the end of the calendar year I will go spend $1200+ on a NS Summit or Venture.

Also, the people on here talking as if Voile has made no progress in there offerings obviously haven't been exposed to each generation of the Split Decision offered since season one. The difference between the Cloud Model and the rockered-Mojo is much akin to comparing an old Commodore computer to those used today, and calling Voile "big business" or what ever is fucking stupid.

Oh, and thanks for making each and every one of your products here in the in the States rather shipping shit overseas in the name of making extra coin. Fuck that shit.

Oh yeah, one more thing. Splitter skins should cost no more than your other skins. Especially when you offer two sizes whose total surface area is greater than that of the splitter skins. Come one, don't make me go buy a competitor's skins. The tip hardware is identical. I have a pair of both. WTF.

Regards,

:twocents:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:35 pm 

HIJACK

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:23 am 

neat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:27 am 

wasatch surf wrote:
karakoram and jones don't raise anything for me. i like hard boots so when karakoram gives me an option maybe i'll take a look. and i guess jones does raise one thing, the price for an over hyped board that completely contradicts their "green" image by being made in a sweat shop that requires thousands of extra miles of shipping supplies and product just so they can save a few bucks with cheap labor.

Dan! The Jones boards are not made in a sweat shop... They are made in the 125 year old family owned and operated Nidecker Factory in Switzerland...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:36 pm 

Meow! This forum has become quite the cat fight. Less talk more stoke please. Hey Voile thanks for the great customer service you provide, and support for the splitboard fests! I really doubt that Voile will get taken over by a company selling 600 doller split kits. If demand is there, products will sell and all companies will thrive. There always was and will be the spoiled trustafarian riders who must have the most expensive set up out there, but it wont make them a better rider.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:54 pm 

Quote:
I'm almost 27, and college edumacated. Therefore let the games begin!

Russman you can be the most educated person in the world, but if you lack common sense social skills you'll continue to struggle to get your point across. It's also my opinion that education without experience most definitely will lack some validity. That's all some of us are trying to say.

I just got the chance to watch DEEPER it was sick. I don't plan to ever ride lines like that, so beyond what I will ever be able to do. Remember those guys were using boards with Voile hardware and sparks, even some DIYers split by Monk. Those are no fall lines, I'm sure they chose the gear they did wisely. I also saw a short video of a guy ripping a sick chamonix line on his Voile. I've ridden a DIY splittie for ten plus years I'm sure it's a complete noodle/tank/whatever else but it's been solid. Point being actions speak louder than words, the only ones being haters are you guys, this stuff is proven it does well for some of us and were not anti progression because we feel this way. There's no reason to continue to bash on people who give a different perspective as you based on their personal experiences or the feats of others for that matter.

This is a quote from Rughty
Quote:
My mod is only a poor man's fix to keep my hard earned $$$ in my pocket and a statement to any manufacturer who stalls the advancement of our sport in favor of sitting on a patent only to suck every last dollar from us before introducing a new product so they can do it all over again. Screw big business. They have been doing it to us for years!!! Go Karakorum!!!

Pretty low blow. Not sure theres much truth to that.

This is a quote response from Wasatch
Quote:
If karakorum takes over the world like you are campaigning for, will they allow Spark to infringe on their patent and build bindings compatible with the karakorum system?

I don't think Wasatch is out of line he makes a good point, did you bother to read what he wrote? There's a lot of good points in there. On the other hand I'm not sure what Rughty's point is? it seems way off and very misinformed.

Quote:
For me the splitboard has brought back the old school snowboard vibe of yesteryear, and has refreshed my stoke. In skateboarding and surfing there is so much RESPECT for the older generation of riders and companies. Why is snowboarding different? Are the people less core, too many gapers? I guess you can patent "fun" with snowboarding

Glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. I'm sure once we all get on some snow we'll stop having these pissing matches and then we can focus more on this aspect of splitting. Spend too much time geeking out and you forget what it's all about. Theres lot's of ways to get down a mountain and lot's of solid gear out there to do it on. No need to bash companies just post the stoke of getting out and riding beautiful lines and your actions will speak much louder than words.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:43 pm 

My :twocents: ....

Ya'll need to shut the fuck up and go snowboarding or whatever it takes to get stoked. That's what we're all here for right?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:03 pm 

Quote:
My :twocents: ....

Ya'll need to shut the fuck up and go snowboarding or whatever it takes to get stoked. That's what we're all here for right?

Why don't you shut the fuck up, stupid head? This shits fun to talk about why we wait for snow to fly. Don't like it, keep it to yourself. Your post adds nothing constructive and nobody gives a shit about your :twocents: Nobody's getting there feelings hurt here this is what you do on a splitboard specific website, dork out and talk shit.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:35 pm 

I guess my point was, why all the e-thuggery and hate on Voile, when we could be getting amped for the snow to start falling. Who gives a shit how someone else gets down the mountain as long they're stoked, right? Unless maybe they're on the Atomic Poacher.... stupid heads...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next