Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Voile (Manufacturer) Thread
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:23 pm 

We defend these people because we know these people. At least we aren't stalking them :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:39 pm 

[quote="Snurfer"] At least we aren't stalking them :wink:[/quote] LOL.. Snurfer is on point, all the knob gobbling for these new companies is funny, let these new kids on the block have thir shit tested by splitters worldwide and once their shit is proven you kids can gobble to your hearts content

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:57 pm 

russman wrote:
I think the one who needs to grow up here is you, Wasatch.

Absolutely no need to attack Rughty. Cut out the hating dude!

What is up with you guys defending Voile so much? I mean seriously.. Sure they have supported splitting when nobody else has, but the bottom line is that there simply hasn't been any true innovation for years. Isn't it about time that new options were available for splitters? Particularly one's that raise the bar for performance?

little late to the party aren't we?

i'm 22 so i'll be as immature as i want

absolutely no need for completely irrational judgments on the company that is responsible for you being able to splitboard.

i'm not hating anyone(plus thats funny coming from you, you have had nothing positive to say unless its about jones or karakoram). i'm just saying know what the fuck you are talking about before you start talking.

i agree voile could be more on top of their shit. if you would take the time to read any old post on here you would see that we have criticized voile as much as we have defended them.

but i do defend voile because without their willingness to take a gamble on a cut in half snowboard with door hinges screwed in the middle...we would probably be on weird ass 3 piece euro boards. also they are handmade by friends of mine right here on 2636 South 2700 West Salt Lake City, UT 84119 USA, not in some third world country by 11 year olds.

progression is cool, but i'm happy with what i have and what i have is reliable, american made, affordable splitboard and avy gear. karakoram and jones don't raise anything for me. i like hard boots so when karakoram gives me an option maybe i'll take a look. and i guess jones does raise one thing, the price for an over hyped board that completely contradicts their "green" image by being made in a sweat shop that requires thousands of extra miles of shipping supplies and product just so they can save a few bucks with cheap labor.

russman i really don't give a fuck if you ever like voile or the wasatch or hardboots or whatever else you want to bitch about. but you asked why i defend voile so there you go. some people will never see eye to eye and thats cool. so i hope you have a great season and all your new gear gives you the "stoke" you need to be happy.

i'll just be thuggin on the skin tracks of wasangeles with my super corporate voile.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:00 am 

Wasatch, you definitely have a point with Jones board production. I would rather have a board made right here in the US. I could care less about "green". That is just hippy talk to me, but if that's the image you are striving for, then be true to it. As far as Voile goes... I respect them for getting after it back in the day, but without new product innovation, they will eventually be over taken by companies with more desire to grow and serve us, the end user. After all, we are the ones who pay their bills! That is just simple and good business ethic. Maybe they don't want to be the top dog anymore??? Or perhaps you are stoked on some insider info from those friends of yours that you can't discuss publicly?!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:21 am 

For me the splitboard has brought back the old school snowboard vibe of yesteryear, and has refreshed my stoke. In skateboarding and surfing there is so much RESPECT for the older generation of riders and companies. Why is snowboarding different? Are the people less core, too many gapers? I guess you can patent "fun" with snowboarding

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:40 am 

What I don't get is how you guys are so hyped on a set of bindings that cost more than my splitboard did. They may be the best thing since sliced bread, but if I'm choosing between buying a new board and dropping $900ish or new bindings and spending $600, I'm going for the board.

I can only hope Karakoram will be able to bring the price down as they scale up. But selling bindings at $600 is absurd. I mean, what does a good set of Dynafits cost? not $600.

I am considering getting the clips to replace the Chinese hooks, but no way will I ever drop that much cash on a set of bindings. Spending the $300 for Sparks was painful enough.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:49 am 

ehcarley wrote:
What I don't get is how you guys are so hyped on a set of bindings that cost more than my splitboard did. They may be the best thing since sliced bread, but if I'm choosing between buying a new board and dropping $900ish or new bindings and spending $600, I'm going for the board.

I can only hope Karakoram will be able to bring the price down as they scale up. But selling bindings at $600 is absurd. I mean, what does a good set of Dynafits cost? not $600.

I am considering getting the clips to replace the Chinese hooks, but no way will I ever drop that much cash on a set of bindings. Spending the $300 for Sparks was painful enough.

Well if you figure in that the Karakorams come with the board and tip/tail clips, it's only about $100 more than a voile/spark setup, yeah it's still expensive but if their product turns out to be all that its hyped up to be then $100 is nothing for that much of an improvement

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:57 am 

It helps to have disposable income. One good thing about being a working stiff I guess. I was due for new bindings and decided to try the new setup, which looks well tested and offers some nice improvements on the old split design. Plus I am tech/gear whore :disco: . I often wish I was still a dirtbag though, I would trade my 9-5 for more time off and a DIY with traditional snowboard bindings. The wife didnt go for it though. Not that this belongs in the voile thread....

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:27 am 

heh, I need to realize I just quit my job to snowboard and stop spending my skibum funds :banghead:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:48 pm 

jeri534 wrote:
Well if you figure in that the Karakorams come with the board and tip/tail clips, it's only about $100 more than a voile/spark setup, yeah it's still expensive but if their product turns out to be all that its hyped up to be then $100 is nothing for that much of an improvement

Wait, they come with a board? :scratch:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:57 pm 

I'm not sure what jeri meant but the apples to apples comparison is the Voile hardware ($160) and Spark bindings ($299) vs. Karakoram ($599). Looks like Voile/Spark combo is $140 cheaper.

ehcarley wrote:
jeri534 wrote:

Wait, they come with a board? :scratch:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:20 pm 

aksltxlt wrote:
For me the splitboard has brought back the old school snowboard vibe of yesteryear, and has refreshed my stoke. In skateboarding and surfing there is so much RESPECT for the older generation of riders and companies. Why is snowboarding different? Are the people less core, too many gapers? I guess you can patent "fun" with snowboarding

x2 Gospel :thumpsup:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:36 pm 

Think he meant the board clips Karakoram has come up with.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next