Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Conness/North Peak Video, 6/26/05
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:50 pm 

I finally got around to making a video with some of the footage from the trip to Mt. Conness/North Peak. Here it is:

http://www.splitboard.com/vids/Conness050626.wmv

I'm calling it a "teaser" because it doesn't have all the footage from that day (pics, fassnor's video, etc.)... maybe bcr will be inspired and post a follow-up! And because it's my first attempt at a video. Editorial comments etc. welcome.

Also, just wanted to say to all the other folks out there who have done videos, especially bcr who has done so many - great job! Man, editing can be a lot of work. :)

Hope this provides some off-season stoke! I'll try to get to the Shasta video before next season starts...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:39 pm 

Nice controlled/uncontrolled? heel slide. You got pretty intimate with that schrud. What was the pucker factor on that one? :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:50 pm 

At the start it was "semi-controlled", as in I wasn't speeding up, but I wasn't slowing down either. The snow was firmer than it was up top, no tip clip, blah blah blah. I got it under control, but then saw the schrund. Didn't think it was open because 1) it was completely covered 2 weeks earlier, and 2) when we scoped it out from above it looked covered. Turns out we were looking at the bottom of a different chute.

As for pucker factor, I'd say it was rather high at the end there. :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:58 pm 

Very nice...note to self...check to clip. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:07 pm 

Cool, thanks for the stoke. Especially liked the helmet cam following bcr-nice flow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:30 pm 

Nice Vid Jim! Got me stoked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:59 pm 

Oh, BTW I wanted to add - johnnyquesedilla, if you're out there, sorry I didn't get any footage of you man! I saw you coming out the bottom of S couloir but it was too late to get any video. Doh!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:42 am 

Great Freaking Job Jim. I just ordered my new PC and cant wait till it gets here,guess I will spend the rest of the summer learning how to edit using adobe premier . What type of camera and helment cam are you using? And here is a question for allof you who were at conness on june 10-12. My friend joe did some nice work on a 8 minute video of that weekend. the problem is it is only Joe and Me in it. There were many others there but because we stayed low it looks like we are alone. Should we post the video? Votes only count from those that were there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:12 am 

Awesome work jim! 8)

Are you sure that's your first video!
I really liked the special effects, film effect and noise, scratch sound…etc. The mixed in helmet cam footy is sweet too.

Thanks for putting it together!

P420,

Dude who cares who is or isn't in the video?! Post that thing! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:48 am 

Can you shoot me the link on how to post vids?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:36 pm 

Are you kidding me, POST IT. Vid=stoke!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 1:53 pm 

patroller420 wrote:
Can you shoot me the link on how to post vids?

jimw,
can you please shoot p420 the FTP info? I can't seem to keep track of it. :oops: :roll: :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:52 am 

Let's see. Yeah, I'm sure it's my first video, because it took me forever to get from what I wanted to see in my head to getting it to actually happen onscreen. Now that I have a clue, I'll get to more footage I have lying around... the problem now is media storage space!

420 the helmetcam is the Adventure Cam 3 from Viosport. Unfortunately it's kinda pricey, and you pretty much need to get some of the accessories like the LANC remote and rechargeable battery pack. Worth it though. The camcorder I'm using currently is a Canon Elura 50 that I got on ebay (and was a lot cheaper than the helmet cam!). It's really small, which was a main concern of mine. I figured I'd mainly be using it for helmet cam footage so I wanted it to fit easily in the pack. Problem is it doesn't seem too reliable. Of course I bought it off ebay so maybe I got what I paid for. About half the time it tells me to "eject the cassette", and I have to physically smack it to get it to work... probably not a good sign! :) I did some research online and it seems that many people have had this issue with this camera. One of the reasons I got it though was it was one of the recommended cameras on Viosport's site. You want to make sure the LANC remote will work with whatever camera you're looking at it, otherwise you have to dig the camera out every time you want to start/stop it.

Anyway, post that video! (Too bad I suspect there's no footage of the adventure we had on the traverse from hell! :shock:)

Chris I sent you a PM. I have the FTP address/user info but I don't remember the password. My FTP app remembers it for me and won't tell me what it was :roll:.