Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/split/public_html/talk/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3545: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3547: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Splitboard.com Forums • View topic - 2010 Voile (Manufacturer) Thread

Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Voile (Manufacturer) Thread
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 2:06 am 

Guys
You all need to live in the southern hemi. :headbang:
We get all the good stuff at the end of your season!!!! (only joking)
Recieved a shipment from Voile today.
Inside were Dual climbing bars. Look good but will post photos of them on the boards and in action.
Already have the Light rail, now all thats left from Viole now are the new DIY pucks.
Need them as we only have goofy style left.

Keep up the good work Voile
New product keep the world spinning.

PS. I have made my own pucks that work great, so if you not happy with the viole pucks there are other options out there.

+61 (0)413 888 115
http://www.firstlightsnowboards.com.au http://www.splitfest.com.au http://www.splitfests.com http://www.mrbc.com http://www.backcountryglobal.com
Sydney - Nowra - Jindabyne

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:42 am 

I've been out twice on the new dual climbing wires with the wider base. The wires are are a big improvement, particularly the ease of lifting the lower. Too early to say if the wider base helps, as I was climbing nearly the entire time.

Asked the person helping with my order about the swally, and got nothin.... Come on guys, perhaps a custom order basis? :banghead:

Lastly when I was at the shop I saw a solid RX with the green leaf graphic, kinda cool! :thumpsup:

Have a great summer!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:48 am 

Cool. I'd be curious to see if anyone has any opinons (based on actual use) about the voile dual bars vs the G3.....

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:48 am 

Bump!
Consolidated list to keep this thing alive....

*Bring back the 178cm swallowtail with RX mods to taper.
*Sell rails separately?
*Stiffer/stronger universal pucks.
*Beefier slider plate.
*Lower profile plate binding?
*Tail clips for skins.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:12 pm 

Snurfer wrote:
Bump!
Consolidated list to keep this thing alive....

*Bring back the 178cm swallowtail with RX mods to taper.
*Sell rails separately?
*Stiffer/stronger universal pucks.
*Beefier slider plate.
*Lower profile plate binding?
*Tail clips for skins.

Thanks!

I was wondering just that the other weekend, thinking it would awesome for us budget splitters to mod a set of normal binders into a pair split specific ones without the need to shell out 300+ bones.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:59 am 

maniacdave wrote:
I was wondering just that the other weekend, thinking it would awesome for us budget splitters to mod a set of normal binders into a pair split specific ones without the need to shell out 300+ bones.
Yep, it would be nice, (e.g. modded mt plate. Or Bombers?) but unless their strap binders don't sell, I'm afraid there isn't really a financial motivator. :( Same goes for the Swallowtail :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:32 am 

The light rail mod would be super easy to make. I have a buddy of mine machining a set of rails with a couple of mods to make them a little better than the light rail setup. I will be putting them onto my bent metal bindings. Once a program is made, he will be able to whip these things out in no time. I'll get some pics up here when I get them installed.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:02 am 

I dont think the Light rails are an improvement on the Voile system. You need to start with the plastic pucks. If you have a solid puck that goes across both halves of the board It will improve the stiffness from binding to board. Voile needs to make improvements to the pucks. The current manufactured pucks only attatch to each ski individually, and do not hang over to the other ski. Second I have never been a fan of Metal bindings(they break) Keep it simple when shit breaks in the BC (as it always does) you need a simple fix

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:53 am 

I totally agree that the light rail isn't an advancement in any way. It was a great business decision to take market share from Sparks in their inability to support the demand from the end user. My mod is only a poor man's fix to keep my hard earned $$$ in my pocket and a statement to any manufacturer who stalls the advancement of our sport in favor of sitting on a patent only to suck every last dollar from us before introducing a new product so they can do it all over again. Screw big business. They have been doing it to us for years!!! Go Karakorum!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:44 am 

Thanks to everyone that continues to participate in this thread. There are some good ideas and the persistence is just what we need to help manufacturers make informed 'business' decisions. (I know its about the ride, but it is some folks livelihood)

I'd like to provide some perspective on Voile.

This is a small grassroots company, not a mega corporation. The key players have sunk a shit ton of their time and money into it, and I'm pretty certain none of them are rich because of it. If you and your family's financial security were tied to a patent that you came up with, I'm guessing you'd want to keep it close as well. Especially if you weren't actually getting rich in the process.

Much of Voile's effort is spent keeping the Prior's, Venture's and resellers of the world in parts, not on making their own binders and boards. That being the case, it's hard to take seriously the Voile criticisms that simultaneously prop up these other great companies.
When Prior, Venture and others begin chiming in, then maybe you are onto something and I'll gladly eat crow.

Bottom line... Dave agreed to take the time to look in on this thread to hear our ideas, and constructive criticism. So go ahead and bug the shit out of him about stuff you'd like to see, and call their customer service if you feel like the product you bought didn't meet your expectations. But please understand that this small company is NOT some evil corporate tyrant out to fuck everyone.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:06 am 

Voile has always been rad when Ive dealt with them. Ive only purchased the kits and replacement parts from them, and thier customer service has been superb. I would like to see the Pucks change but untill then I will fab my own. Voile is in no way an Evil empire, but an Merican company down for the cause. Voile even sells its product in pieces if you need it, will Karokoram sell different parts of thier product? Only time will tell

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:28 am 

x2.... I'd love to see different pucks as well.

It seems with contemporary machining, the pucks could be half, or two-thirds as tall and use a flush-head screw like the other hardware. Perhaps they would then need to be made out of a harder material to maintain the shape?
I'd also like to see the ability to move the binder (via the pucks) toe-ward, or heel-ward (e.g., lose the two different slot patterns).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:37 am 

I've said it before, Voile has the best customer service of any company I do business with, including professionally and private. Stuff like:

Making sure their sending you the right nuts, bolts, etc. No matter who answers the phone the order arrives right (obviously double and triple checked) and they don't try to make money off of shipping.

They defer to the rider. If you say the injury is not normal wear and tear they don't question you. It's nice to be treated like they want your business back. I've never heard of anyone being offered a T-shirt and be told to deal with their $1,000 board defect somewhere else.

PS I'm not gunning for a bromance. I'm the first to say that I don't like the graphics or ride of the Freeride, Mtn. Gun or Mojo.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next