Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Baseplate foam? Maybe?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:23 pm 

What do you guys think of the idea of gluing some foam strips around the toe ramp on the Fuse baseplate? Just an idea I had today that might increase toe-side stability... Has anyone done this?

Post subject: Re: Baseplate foam? Maybe?
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 7:34 am 

So you only had to wait over a month for a response, but lucky for you I finally made it to this forum!

There was a period of time when will offered foam pads with adhesive backing to put on the baseplates (maybe he still does?) I bought them and used them on my ignition 2s. I liked them when it came to stability while strapping in (I prefer to strap in while still standing instead of spend so much time on my ass), but they did collect ice/snow that froze up and had to be chipped out with my whippet from time to time. Your idea though, using them as a "gas-pedal" toe piece would cut back on alot of the icing issues.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:24 am 

Yeah man that might make a big difference! My only compaints with my Fuses so far have been that I can't get enough toe-side power or forward lean from the Bent Metal cube. Also, my foot likes to roll inside the binding on long side traverses. So maybe some simple adapations can take care of these things.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 4:42 pm 

yeah man, I do still have some issues of snow collecting in the space between my bindings and my boots side to side, but the upshot is that when the snow does get caked in there and refreezes I don't have any slop on those sidehills!

Also, I recently started using moldable insoles in my boots and it helped my sidehilling stability like night and day.

I don't however have the forward lean problem that you have, since truthfully for years I was too stupid or lazy or both to ever apply any forward lean at all while riding (just left the blocks in touring mode all the time) and only recently realized how much more control it gives you edged to edge. The high side of the cube is good for me though. Are there other highback/systems you use that give you the forward lean you're looking for? I've considered modding my c02 highbacks to fit my fuses, but then original cost of the C02s gives me great pause.