Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Kalifornia Split Party 4/16-4/17 Who's IN????
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:29 pm 

Thanks for mentioning this Jimw!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:38 am 

I don't know if I can commit to carpooling just yet because I'm not sure what my plans are after Sunday, but I will be driving down from Humboldt on Thursday. I'm planning on camping in the area, and getting out for a quick am ride Friday before heading over to the cabin. If you're also going to be there Thursday night lets meet up.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:22 pm 

Quote:
I will be driving down from Humboldt on Thursday

:mrgreen: make sure to drop by the local farmers market on your way out of town :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:44 pm 

i think i know a couple of you people going to this shindig. Just got the updated snowboarding schedule from the ms. and it looks like we have a 5-dayer that weekend. The Palomino Cafe may be open for bizness down that way.

We're super non-committal but i'm sure we can at least make the party.

I heard something about storms mid-month. :thumpsup:

Is there a group camp site plan? Would be sweet to overtake the parking area and camp entrance at the lake.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:46 am 

Powder junkie....we are bringing our Small Toyota rv, and hoping to camp right there next to the house. We would love to make an area that ll be eazy for everyone, and we are very flexible as well. It would be real nice if can be close enough that we don t have to move a lot. like walking distance to both the house,and the skin track... You know what I mean

:disco: :doobie: :disco: :doobie: :disco: :doobie: :disco:

Deep snow and surfin the blue blue, I dream.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:39 pm 

update posted. Please reread the OP to see the updates.

There are no group camping arrangements, the campground is buried in snow, Mammoth Mountain went over 500" of snow for the season (edit: this was premature, but I'll bet its 500 by the time we leave!) (369" is the annual average). This is not your average April on the east side, it's mid-winter conditions right now, and a storm currently (speculatively I'd add) forecasted for that particular weekend.

This party is small, not designed to be a blowout and what we pay the resort is for the use of the house, not camping on their property. The 70/person fee is for showers/hottub/groupfood/touring/presentations/sponsored stuff and catered gourmet meals friday and saturday night--don't think of it as a "camping" fee ;-)

I'm bailing on the paypal idea...Just make sure you bring money to pay me when you get there. If you think you can crash any of the house facilities or groupfood or raffle items without paying I'll be forced to publicly out you on multiple internet forums :-D (j/k...but really...I'm serious ;-) )

Heres a couple pics from this weekend PRIOR to the 2'+ of fresh they got last night/this morning:

Mt. Wood/Silver Lake:

Ghost Trees ridge, yes, that's all untouched powder:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:24 am 

updated food info. here is the menu. for those that dont know convict is IMHO the best place for food in the north, aside from woa nelli deli of course. we asked them to cater in the house like last year. this is for fri and sat only.

#1 Pizza, Pasta and Salad~ A casual buffet featuring a variety of brick oven pizzas of your choice. You may choose from our pizza menu. Green salad with and Italian vinaigrette, spaghetti and meatballs and garlic bread.

#2 A buffet featuring marinated Tri Tip , fresh Mahi Mahi with a roast jalapeno-cilantro vinaigrette, and a vegetable strudel with a roast tomato coulis served with a green salad and a choice of 2 dressings, oven roasted potatoes, vegetables and sour dough bread.

i asked them to start serving at 6pm. hopefully that is late enough, but this is not set in stone. we can go earlier or later.

veggies, i think there are a few options for y'all but if you are worried pls e-mail or pm me. ill make sure we get a few veggie pizzas too.

planning on breakfast burritos also, for that we are going to be on our own, bringing in food and cooking it up.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:21 am 

Hey fullers thanks for the update and taking care of our needs!

Basically last year the veggie pizzas came out before the meat ones so they ran out early and all that was left later was meat - I think QTY was okay last year.

And we didn't have the Veggie strudel option for dinner last year which sounds awesome! Of course I had the fish which was just downright amazing, like top notch restaurant quality for those of you who weren't there last year.

Very stoked :headbang:

Now, all we need this year to top it off is HELMET CAM CREME BRULEE footy! ;)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:33 am 

There are 2 spots left!!! Book today to experience the deepest snowpack the Sierra (Known for it's deep snowpack btw) has seen in years.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:46 am 

:scratch: :scratch:
jbaysurfer wrote:
If you think you can crash any of the house facilities or groupfood or raffle items without paying I'll be forced to publicly out you on multiple internet forums :-D (j/k...but really...I'm serious ;-) )

Whaaat? Really? We can't accomodate our dirtbag brethern? If they are cooking their own meals and camping on their own, they can't join any festivities?? PJ - You should just suggest a good camping spot outside the resort. I've seen people camp at the Lake, but I'm not sure if it's frowned upon.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:17 am 

Me and bowlrider are Gonna be driving down Late Wed night from Tahoe. We wanted to tour and shred :thatrocks: Thursday with some peeps who know the east side anywhere along the way. We have room for one more person and gear in a Subaru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:03 pm 

Storn,

What you said is in no way what I said. Sorry if I was unclear. Touring is obviously free, and I shouldn't have put it in the above post (cut me some slack eh?)

The caterer (food) must be paid, the resort (house and amenities) must be paid, and the raffle is for those that pay. The raffle tickets can also be purchased separately (more details on this later). My own family will be paying as well even though they only intend to dine with us for Saturday night and nothing else. I'm not sure how much clearer I can be. All organizer will also be paying their $140, and asking anyone else taking part to pitch it doesn't seem unreasonable.

My comment about camping on the property was to avoid any hassels from management, keeping it on the DL (and not organizing a group campout on private property) would be the best plan of action. We rented a house not a group campsite.

I'm not sure why this couldn't have been a PM.

Tex, you are missed :-)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:14 pm 

Quote:
Tex, you are missed

Happy to report that the house/farm is being recorder today and Im the new proud owner of a redneck ranch, So after this weekend I will be returning to my regularly scheduled program

As far as the camping crowd-- You cant camp on the resorts property. Sorry, but they are a running bussiness with a resturant and Bar open so they need all their "extra" parking. I would also like to note that even with about 20 cars parked at the house last year the people at convict resort NEVER asked once if we could move or park somewhere else

And as jbay stated most of the legal camp grounds are closed . You wont be able to park at convict lake because they do send a ranger down there once a day to make sure that isnt happening. However there is plenty of free camping along the Whitmore tubs road and down on the owens river.

That way the camping crowd can pick and choose what activities (besides touring) they want to do.

I want to thank this years hosts as this thing is a pain in the ass to set up.

Now that I wont have so much on my plate...............is there anything I can help with?

I mean other than my self appointed position of

RULER OF THE BROWN DRAGON

yes, that right folks once again TEX will be in charge of the COFFEE :thatrocks:

And also- The house will have to be left clean on Sunday morning. So please plan on leaving for your sunday tour a little bit later , we ALL have to pitch in and help out with the clean up. I have been to a few of these and thats something people seem to forget. So, if you have plans on hitting up a big line on Sunday before light you may want to re-plan that for saturday

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next