Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Karakoram?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:14 am 

Will the binding fit on a regular manufactured board or do you need to drill new holes?

K2 Panoramic 158
Lib Tech TRS 154 solid
BD Traverse poles
Mammut Barryvox Pulse
Oakley Airbrake

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:29 am 

The binding system matches the standard hole pattern used by production splitboards. For a DIY board you will need to drill and t-nut.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:28 am 

It was cool to meet the Karakoram bros and ride with them, The guys are legit riders with a legit system (Hucking off cornices in ski mode and charging lines in ride mode) Im a snowboarder so I dont know about the dynafit of the ski world, I think its more the Karakoram of the splitboard world anyway the Baker splitfest was fun and was way awsome to meet others in the sceen gettin after it

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:16 pm 

russman wrote:
treepilot wrote:
Sounds sick. Here's hoping karakoram becomes the dynafit of the splitboard world.

Need a beta tester? I'll do my best to break 'em!

Hey Treepilot, it was rad meeting you this weekend! I don't know about you, but I'm insanely stoked on Bryce and Tyler's system. What do you think? Seems like they really could become the Dynafit of Splitboarding...? Its pretty lightweight...

There's certainly some inherent advantages in their system. A new system that's lighter and faster could become the new standard. With more and more factory splits shipping without hardware, their turn key system (hardware and bindings) is attractive to people buying these boards.

No matter what, increased competition, new designs, etc all benefit the end user. I'm stoked to see Bryce and Tyler pushing the envelope and challenging the status quo.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:32 pm 

Here's a shot of the binding I found on their blog page:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:28 pm 

^^^^

You sure that's a split binding and not some new deadly weapon? I mean, take a look at the name -> Karakoram....

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:09 pm 

System looks interesting. Definitely looks like a lot of thought went into it. Any plans to build a compatible crampon?

Any ballpark on pricing yet?

If a person was to buy a base system (Venture, Jones, etc) all we would need is skins and your system?

Looks very promising if that is the case.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:59 am 

the system looks intresting for walking in the living room ...... because the same brain mistake make burton years ago.

high engeneer for formula one - bc need simpel works - the first roul :thumpsup:

NOTE : in a Bc tool no mecanicel function includet - all other this is a big mistake .

Volie - Will nows this - push way ( slider ) clean the way selv , and save it with a bushed slider pin are ok- all other can be make problems - the build thing s in one pice .
the slider cleans the railway ....
sliderpin is the only bolt you need - nothing can stop him....

karakorma ... the are splitboarders ....
what do the system on a ice conditions - water go in it and frozzen water in the mechanichel arm axe .... when it brake, you stand on top of the hill and goe by feet down .... sorry i never youse this system - because what i see tell me my brain - dont youse any mecanical things on the bindings like atomic ore karakoram . I tested so muchs systems at spliboard , t3 , will igniation fuse , fanatic, Nitro,Volie , my selv build , every thing, one lesson - no mecanical - no free pices , all as one ... i hoppe no body hate my for this clear words.

Markus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:01 pm 

burton wrote:
the system looks intresting for walking in the living room ...... because the same brain mistake make burton years ago.

high engeneer for formula one - bc need simpel works - the first roul :thumpsup:

NOTE : in a Bc tool no mecanicel function includet - all other this is a big mistake .

Volie - Will nows this - push way ( slider ) clean the way selv , and save it with a bushed slider pin are ok- all other can be make problems -
what do the system on a ice condition - water go in it and - frozzen water in the mechanichel arm axe .... when it brake, you stand on top and can goe by feet down .... sorry i never youse this system - because what i see tell me my brain - dont youse any mecanical things on the bindings like atomic ore karakoram .....

Markus

I think it is way to early to say that this system will not work.
They have tried it out but of course there is kinks to work out before they can release the system.
I have faith in that they won't put a bad product on the market as they are splitboarders them self.

K2 Panoramic 158
Lib Tech TRS 154 solid
BD Traverse poles
Mammut Barryvox Pulse
Oakley Airbrake

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:13 am 

burton wrote:
... i hoppe no body hate my for this clear words.

Markus

:-D

Dude, don't be squashing ingenuity just because you're a doubter. Don't knock it til you try it. I'm gonna try it personally, and I'm thinking these things look awesome. We'll find out this weekend at the Eastside Kalifornia Splitfest!

I've read your stuff for several years on the site and think it's great guys like you are tinkering and evolving the system, but that's exactly why you should embrace guys like the Klosters who are not only trying to improve the system, but bring it to us non-engineers as well!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:57 am 

Hey Markus,
since I know you from the german erste spur forum I believe you only mean good and you want to prevent these guys from investing too much time and money in a product that is too mechanical in your opinion, but I have to agree with jbay. Give these a chance first and then judge. Please don't judge by one picture! Dynafit is quite mechanical and it seems to work for the Ski folks!?
Personally I am very stoked to get a look (and maybe even some time on the snow :drool: ) at the system this upcoming weekend a the Cali Party!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:45 pm 

yeah - schwalbster ... you now exatly what i mean :thumpsup:

dynafit - is a other wourld - fix the boot - not the board :scratch:

a test must go years and years - to see the system runs .....

a new system must simpler work as volie , lighter than will s , made as pice - an than he had real chance....

i hope the best for the guys of karakam - wait for a longtime test - and we see :wink:
Dont think i make my mine at 1 - 2 pictures in the www - the splitboard wourld is a family.

Markus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:49 pm 

Hey Markus (Burton),

We appreciate your critical feedback, as this is what will help us bring the best possible product to market. In response to your concerns, our philosophy in using mechanisms in our binding is that they are okay as long as they provide a clear user benefit and they are robust and durable enough to handle any use case (i.e. icy conditions, freezing conditions, slushy conditions, impact loads such as cliff drops, multi-day tours, etc.). We've been testing against these conditions throughout our development and have adapted the design to address them. In addition, we have designed our binding system to meet and exceed the ISO and ASTM standards for snowboard bindings, which include performance in freezing conditions.

To address your other concerns, our system does not share any similar interfaces with the Burton system or the Atomic system. However, we are intimately familiar with all splitboard systems as we have used them as benchmarks for our development.

Our goal is to provide splitboarders with another option with additional benefits. Karakoram is just Tyler and I. We are not a big company like Burton or Atomic. We're just two avid splitboarders trying to help take our sport to a new level.

Best Regards,

Bryce

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next