Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:29 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wasatch Range March 20-28th
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:36 am 

How has the snow and stability been recently?? Saw a bunch of sketch photos this year.

Some friends and myself will be in the wasatch in a few weeks. This will be my first time in the area to split. I'm from CO so i am familiar with the sketch snowpack this year and terrain management. We'll be staying in sandy from March 20th-28. Would be great to meet up with some locs and tour a few days. Beers on the outa towners of course!!! I'm down to tour any day for the 8 days i'll be there. Hopefully i could bribe a few of you to show some outa towners around. If not some suggestions would be rad. L8 John

Post subject: Re: Wasatch Range March 20-28th
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:15 pm 

Yeah it's been pretty weak this season with way too many slides. However, the avy danger ebbs and flows and the past two days have been mild to increasing with a good dump of fresh snow. More snow through this weekend.
I went to a resort today and was getting into some waist deep at times, followed by hitting rocks. :scratch:
The problem is melt is starting to occur at the ground level, plus warm temps come along and blast everything within a day or so of the storms.
In any event, there is snow to be had in the BC and I'm sure myself and others will have a few free days to tour with you.