Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:47 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sentury splitboard
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:12 pm 

What a bunch of crap...when Ben finally decided to answer the phone in SEPTEMBER of last year, he told me he lost the paperwork for my proform, therefore I highly doubt he sent a splitty to address: Somewhere, CO. Sentury isn't out squat (the "missing" splitboard that some FedEx driver's out shredding) other than a few orders based on not sending a refund a guy for 13 months. I'm happy to say that today, 2-25-10, I FINALLY deposited a refund check from Sentury (after I spoke with Ben last Tuesday, 2-16, when he cut the check and printed an Express Mail (overnight) label but didn't actually mail it until this Tuesday, a week later...typical).

I truly don't think they were trying to intentionally take my money but I, no b.s., tried dozens of times throughout 2009 via email, voicemail, and through the BBB to get them to respond to my requests for a refund but never heard a thing until they discovered this thread a couple of weeks ago. I applaud Ben for making things right as he genuinely seemed apologetic and I do wish the best for the little guy in the industry but as split-it said earlier, PULL YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR ASSES! There's way too much solid competition out there to treat your customers like that, and especially the pro-form customers who are out there to spread the word if your stuff is as good as you say it is. And then to email me and ask me to go on here and "make it right" the day after you give me my money back after holding it hostage for 13 months and 6 days? Maybe on March 31 of 2011 I'll think about it...

I still wonder if their splitty is as sweet as they claim. I was eager to try theirs as I've ridden Voile, Venture, and Prior so someone please let us know. Thanks for your support split-it-you're a stand up cat.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:13 am 

Look..... There were issues with this 1 proform order from last year. We refunded the gentlemans money. There were issues out of our control and within our control. All I have to say when we read the post, we contacted the customer and made things right immediately. This was news to us as we never reallly looked at these forums before. We even expedited the refund.
There is a lot of bashing over this order.... in fact this the only negative post we have ever even read about our company. We offer 14 day free demos on all our boards and even swap out between models. We are snowboarders and back the sport and our customers 100%.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:27 am 

Well... we're only 30 min from you and have a retail spot with free demos. Just wondering why the only 2 posts from you are about us? Sounds like ur just bashing? Our splits are by far the lightest and best priced in the industry. We have sold more boards in the past 2 months than the past 2 years. Our business is booming especially in Tahoe. Most of our sales go to industry professionals so not sure where you are getting failed enterprise? We just upgraded our factory, new equipment, and over 14 models now including 5 split models. Hopefully you get a chance to come by and demo since you are so close.
Split-It wrote:
what a disappointment of a company. i was very prepared to purchase a sentury splitboard and support a local company (i live in truckee, 35 miles away from reno), but had to reconsider after hearing nothing positive about the company. aside from the fact that i heard more than one account of people's boards not being delivered or being extremely delayed, i still wanted to give them a fair chance. after not getting a response back from Sentury asking a few general questions about the boards, i've decided to spend quite a bit more money on a company out of the area, in a different ski town. why waste money and time on a failed enterprise when there are real companies that cater to real backcountry riders. does Sentury not realize that there are such forums like this where people talk about this stuff? and to think that they share a factory with such a successful and reputable company like Moment, you'd think they would have their shit together. the reason i'm most upset is that i really wanted to support a local company and be proud to ride a board made close to home. not gonna happen, boys. let us know when you pull your heads out of your asses.
-SI

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:25 pm 

Sentury- here is an idea. Contact BCRider- owner and founder of this great site. Also an accomplished and respected splitter (or at least I think so) hook him up with a board to test out and review. He has a demonstrated commitment to this segment of our sport (see "splitboard.com"). Then, instead of arguing over a mess up, and driving this thread to the top of the google hit list, you can get some positive info out there. If your boards are as good as you say.

So, to summarize, for what ever reason, this one order got SNAFUed, you tried to make it better, but since it took a year, your lost that customer. However, what you do now makes all the difference. If I were you, I would let this thread die if you can. Like I said a while back, it is the top result on google. Not exactly great publicity.

P.S.- I'll test one for you here in Colorado, no charge. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:20 pm 

i've had the team split for a couple of months and i am really diggin it. my buddy got one the same time that i did and he is really diggin it too. we had no problems with the company - ben was great to deal with and rushed to get my board finished...it's a tiny factory and it seems like they really are trying to make a go of it. a post like this can kill a small company and it would be a shame for sentury because they really seem passionate about making quality boards...if anyone wants to check out a team split - i live in truckee and would be happy to show it...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:11 pm 

Just to clear the air, I didn't go on this forum to bash. Check my first post in the thread. Excited to have just gotten a sweet deal on a splitty that supposedly rocks. I went back on here after many months had passed as a man just trying to get his money OR a splitboard or ANYTHING to recoup the $ I spent. I would be happy to let this die but at the time, I was really pissed that I had been taken for a not insignificant amount of money and as I am in CO, couldn't do much about it. I wish the best for Sentury, I really do. They made it right in the end but if it wasn't for this forum, I would still be out my $. Only when this started generating negative publicity did they make it right. Anyhow, it's over and done and I wish everyone out there a snow filled spring. BE SAFE!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:58 pm 

It’s good to hear that things worked out. I have to commend Sentury on their customer service from my perspective. I’ve ridden their gear at it’s A++. Albeit, they are hard to reach sometimes but they are very approachable and growing pains are simply a part of any progressive, passionate company! Running up to their shop in Reno is tough to do when you live outside of the area. I get that. But let’s celebrate the fact that we have a community of tight knit splitters and that Sentury’s passion and commitment to us fanatics should supersede their “opportunities”. I would bank that they are committed to the game and their reputation to stay in the game will prevail!! Ride on…

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:17 pm 

It's a good idea for manufacturers and retailers to do what is right by their customers. Tightboards learned a very hard lesson about bad interweb press. We pretty much put them out of business on some other forums. Deservedly so too...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:49 am 

Ok Sentury, there is a member of another forum that is having problems getting his splitboard. This is bullshit. Fix the problem or I guarantee you business is going to completely go into the shitter. We've wrecked two crappy snowboard companies and were instrumental in forcing tightboards into chapter 11. I don't give a flying fuck what your excuse is, lack of communication and taking someone's money for a product is completely unacceptable. It takes just a few seconds to respond by email. You guys are on notice.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:14 am 

This sucks, I was thinking of buying a Sentury Sync split but after reading this, I'm not so sure anymore.

K2 Panoramic 158
Lib Tech TRS 154 solid
BD Traverse poles
Mammut Barryvox Pulse
Oakley Airbrake

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:56 am 

I wouldn't buy one. At least until we start getting some answers.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:32 am 

Another satisfied Sentury customer posted their experience on our facebook page. :roll:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/splitboardcom/45914273520

What are you guys doing over there at Sentury to piss off so many people? :scratch:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:08 pm 

The question is become less about how many splitboards they offer and more about how many splitboards they DELIVER.

This thread is not at the top of google for them anymore, but I think it might need to make its way back up there.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next