Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:52 pm 

I never did find a copilot from UT, I wish there were as many BC'rs out here as there seems to be in CA.

I was going to give it a shot anyway but I pulled a muscle in my back Tuesday, almost recovered today but missed the event. I'm looking forward to reading the trip report and see some good pics. Next time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:04 am 

wow!

what a weekend...splitters unite! :)

camp

corn

good lines (powderjunkie in the S Couloir...doable from the TOP this year 8) )

full TR and viddy to come.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:58 am 

Smokinfatbob and snow nymph posse,

What did you all end up doing? White Mtn? :)

We missed you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:02 am 

How about a hip, hip, horay for the frozen lake! Man, that was sweet on the way out! What an amazing weekend-perfect weather, mountains, and vibe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:14 am 

bastards! ;-) I got to start packing and moving into a new house. Sounds like youse had a fine fine weekend, I envy you all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:15 am 

Yeah…that thing was sure a time and effort savor. We made it from camp to the dam in less than an hour. It was safe too. :)

Ps. agreed on the vibe. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:18 am 

bcrider wrote:
Smokinfatbob and snow nymph posse,

What did you all end up doing? White Mtn? :)

We missed you.

After getting sick and vomiting all night on Friday, I slept in on Saturday morning and headed back to the car on Saturday afternoon.

That was the worse case of altitude sickness I've ever experienced and I simply didn't have the energy to get back to Greenstone.

So, yeah, I was pretty bummed to miss out. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:22 am 

Sorry to hear that bro. :(

Altitude can definitely affect people differently. We'll get em next year...the mountains aint going anywhere. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:13 pm 

that was an AWESOME weekend! thank you all for the great fun. argghhh, if only I hadn't left my brand new ice axe at the top of the Y couloir.

BCR, when you get the pics or vidy, if you don't mind doing a little spy work on them, can you check to see if you see an ice axe attached on my pack when you filmed me on the way down Sat. I am 99% sure I left it at the Y, just trying to make sure before I put a post on the "lost & found".

Note to all the crazyfun frozenlake crossers: It took my turbo-charged yellow fluo AT boots just short of 50mins to get to the dam. And it was super safe too ... ha ha :)

What a fun weekend. oh yeah, btw, anyone wants to go to Lundy next weekend ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:15 pm 

SFB, sorry to hear about the altitude sickness! :? That's as good an excuse as any to do it again next year. :D

bc, good call on crossing the lake on the way out! It was like some sorta backcountry cheat code. Saved us at least an hour on the haul out. (the tracks across the lake from Marcos that morning were confidence inspring, too)

Thanks y'all for makin' it happen. I had a blast!

PS.. was able to drive over Sonora Pass during the daylight.. :shock: Some closer inspection is in order before that all melts out.. recommendations?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:18 pm 

Hmm, after seeing the what the sleeping bag trenchcoat actually looks like, I think I am going to change my name to Backcountry Beavis.

What a great weekend! It was cool to meet so many folks from this list. I have a shitload of photos to go through, will post in the TR thread soon. Even got some video (including helmet-cam shot down S couloir from the top... with feeling! :)). Wish I would have taken the lake on the way out but it looked kinda sketchy by 4 PM. Also caught up with Patroller420 and Joe on the traverse and we had a little epic adventure. More to come.

SFB, sorry to hear about that! I think I might have seen you guys standing up on the ridge near the end of Saddlebag road on Saturday. I say "up on the ridge" because I was climbing up to the road (ridge to me) from the wrong drainage. Oops. :roll:

I think we may need to start a separate forum for splitboard-specific "product ideas". First up is a great idea we were discussing Sat night - the shovel handle that converts to a, um... smoking device.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:01 am 

Well,it was a great trip. Good to finally meet all you people. Thanks for making my buddy Joe's first backcountry trip a success. And a special thanks to Jim for pulling Joe across the traverse. I dont know when we have gotten to the truck without your help. I got to meet a lot of really good people this weekend. And finally I got to drop a nice big bowl. (GPS). I cant wait till the next trip. I did take it kind of easy on this one, but next time I will be in the"Y" group. Thanks again. And oh yeah , when is the next one?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:21 pm 

ChrisI wrote:
PS.. was able to drive over Sonora Pass during the daylight.. :shock: Some closer inspection is in order before that all melts out.. recommendations?

Hi Chris,
Sonora is definitely worth checking out.

There is some fairly recent pics and beta in this thread.
http://www.splitboard.net/talk/viewtopic.php?t=775

ps. Good to meet ya last weekend too. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next