Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bozeman Splitter Thread
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:37 am 

Seems like there's a decent amount of Bozeman riders here. Just trying to see who else is out there. Besides my buddies Mark and Tyler, I tour completely with skiers. Obviously still fun, but it'd also be fun to get out with other splitters.
Anyway, I'm around all winter and beyond, unemployed right now except for a couple odd days of helping buddies out on building projects. Years of experience in the mountains around Bozeman and Jackson. With the semi-fucked snowpack, I've been riding Bridger daily. Anyway, speak up if you're from Bozeman!

Post subject: Re: Bozeman Splitter Thread
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:45 am 

Today's avalanche report started to sound promising again though.

Quote:
It's a whole different world in the Bridger and northern Gallatin Ranges. These mountains are getting skied and snowmobiled with very few reports of instability. Folks skied steep slopes on Bridger Peak yesterday after evaluating the slope. As time passes it's becoming harder to trigger avalanches. Although signs are pointing to continued strengthening, the snowpack still demands respect since sugary facets are underlying stiffer slabs.

My roommate and I are both splitboarders. I'm into my second year and he's on his first. We both have full avalanche safety gear and are promoters of a safety-first style.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:45 pm 

Probably be on a bridger boundary patrol tomorrow (thursday)...looks like it may snow again this weekend. The facet rubber band will likely begin to stretch again with the new snow. I usually park at the fairground and thumb it up so I could meet there if interested.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:29 pm 

samblack wrote:
...The facet rubber band will likely begin to stretch again with the new snow...

I'm stoked to get some fresh out there even if it means putting up with the extra stress.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:02 am 

I rode a south facing, east shoulder on blackmore before we got this snow and........yeah it was super variable ......but it ended being ok....... Any who im about ready for a tour.....not this weekend but like the 7th and like that whole week untill im going to bell lake the 14,15,16th, but then again after that should be totaly open, week days to......been bussy lately but...also on weekends my split buddy will role with us. were down to ride lost of places but I/we dont know the Hebgen area, so if you wana go that route we should recon a bit.... Big gulps huh?
~well see ya later!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:09 am 

Yes sir! Some of the big lines are about ready to get painted! That makes me giddy! In a totally gay way! YES SIR :headbang: