Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:58 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ...and the NoSplit is born.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:01 pm 

After a couple months of work, I finally built the first NoSplit prototype. I used some parts from the Voile split your own board kit and then made the rest. Board was custom built for me by a friend. I've only had time to get one day in on it, and at that I was with my family so it wasn't a big day of touring but the preliminary results are it's awesome! Skins great, is super lightweight and was a piece of cake in transitions. This board has no edges so icy side hills are pretty sketchy, but otherwise it was sweet. I found some room for improvement in a few things but so far, so good.

Now, who's interested in one of these? If you are, send me a message.

Post subject: Re: ...and the NoSplit is born.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:37 pm 

Super sick Steve! What length did you end up making the board? What kind of apparatus did you fashion as a binding for the uphill? Looks like it rides well. Nice work!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:08 pm 

Noboarding is SOOOO going to take off. Beautiful work. I too am curious about lengths on these board. All the DIYs I've seen seem really, really short so I'd be curious what length people are building these at and what length of regular stick they ride. Also, how does one judge the depth of the swallow?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:29 pm 

samh wrote:
Noboarding is SOOOO going to take off. Beautiful work. I too am curious about lengths on these board. All the DIYs I've seen seem really, really short so I'd be curious what length people are building these at and what length of regular stick they ride. Also, how does one judge the depth of the swallow?

I ride usually in the 161-165 range. the mini swallow split I just finished is about a 150cm. The board started as a 160 so being that I didn't change the effective edge it still rides true to the 160 length. By chopping the tail and adding the swallow you have nothing to fight against in the back so it planes better and you can ride off both feet rather than back leg leaning. As for depth of swallow I kept mine short and the wings a little fatter to have a bit more for landing stability. Check the diy for pics.