Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/split/public_html/talk/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3545: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3547: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Splitboard.com Forums • View topic - Sentury splitboard

Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:19 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sentury splitboard
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:24 pm 

I'm sure you guys are way more in the know than me but Sentury snowboards now has a split board the B.C. split http://www.senturysnowboards.com/ Anyone heard anything.

Post subject: Re: Sentury splitboard
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:51 am 

I know nothing about their boards, but it's good to see someone else making a splitty.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:12 pm 

I took one out last year for a Demo. They only had one and it wasn't really the right size for me, so it felt a bit awkward. I tried to order the larger model and couldn't get them to sell one. If they get their production together I think the will have a nice product.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:22 pm 

I actually just ordered a Sentury BC splitty so I'll post what I think once I receive it and ride it a few times. From what the rep told me and the info on their website, it's supposed to handle most conditions well, handmade bomber construction, and is about a pound lighter than the competition. We'll see I guess.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:01 pm 

hey, let us know how your sentury splitboard goes.... and how does it compare with other splitboards ?

can anyone recommend boots if i plan on hiking up with/without crampons?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:24 pm 

chulhochang wrote:
can anyone recommend boots if i plan on hiking up with/without crampons?

Hard-I have no idea.
Soft-Seems like most splitboarders where Salomon Malamutes and Driver X's. That is a BIG generalization by the way. If you use soft boots you have to use strap crampons. Most of the soft booters that I go with use Stubai Ultralight camps.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:34 pm 

Well I said I'd get back with a report on the Sentury BC Split I had ordered back in Jan but as of today, 11-27-09, I still haven't gotten the board or a refund...Not real impressed needless to say. Any of you Reno guys want to stop by Sentury and pick up a few Karma points and tell Ben Harmon to send me a refund ASAFP? PLEASE??? He knows who I am. After 268 phone calls, 397 emails, and the local Reno chapter of the BBB contacting them, still no luck. Custy Service dept not really doing their job...any help is greatly appreciated out there.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:16 pm 

any update on the board? i'm doing research on which split board to get - and was leaning towards sentury due to cost (hardware/skins included w/board), but reading comments like this isn't inspiring.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:16 pm 

I personally would stay away from Sentury as there are plenty of companies making splitboards out there that actually send you a snowboard when you pay for it and respond to customer service inquiries. I've seen several complaints about Sentury in various forums about their customer service deficiencies (like no response whatsoever...) and while it looks to be a decent splitboard, I've personally never seen or heard about someone riding a Sentury. I still haven't received a refund or splitboard from Sentury even after 2 contacts from the Reno BBB and they never responded to them either thus giving them a rating of "F" on their A-F scale. IMHO, I'd go with Venture or Prior and the newer Voile is a pretty decent ride too.

Best of luck and have a great season.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:34 am 

I am responding to a post regarding a board that apparently was "never sent." This is the first time we've seen this message. If you feel that some you have been wronged please feel free to contact either myself (Alex@senturysnowboards.com) or the owner (Ben@senturysnowboards.com) and we will gladly attempt to resolve any outstanding issue.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:55 am 

SenturySnowboards wrote:
I am responding to a post regarding a board that apparently was "never sent." This is the first time we've seen this message. If you feel that some you have been wronged please feel free to contact either myself (Alex@senturysnowboards.com) or the owner (Ben@senturysnowboards.com) and we will gladly attempt to resolve any outstanding issue.

Hey Alex,

Do you have actual pictures of the spliboards? I've been to your website and there are only drawings and minimal specs about the board.

More details would help the decision process.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:44 pm 

what a disappointment of a company. i was very prepared to purchase a sentury splitboard and support a local company (i live in truckee, 35 miles away from reno), but had to reconsider after hearing nothing positive about the company. aside from the fact that i heard more than one account of people's boards not being delivered or being extremely delayed, i still wanted to give them a fair chance. after not getting a response back from Sentury asking a few general questions about the boards, i've decided to spend quite a bit more money on a company out of the area, in a different ski town. why waste money and time on a failed enterprise when there are real companies that cater to real backcountry riders. does Sentury not realize that there are such forums like this where people talk about this stuff? and to think that they share a factory with such a successful and reputable company like Moment, you'd think they would have their shit together. the reason i'm most upset is that i really wanted to support a local company and be proud to ride a board made close to home. not gonna happen, boys. let us know when you pull your heads out of your asses.
-SI

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:11 am 

This post is the top result for google searches for both Sentury Splitboard and Sentury splitboard review.

You would think that they would put some effort into making the-gear-recycler happy. Or maybe just upping their online presence and customer service. Not so good for them.