Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: not until mid season?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:52 am 

Ordered the fuse from an online retailer (mountaingear.com) a month ago, but found out today they won't get it in store until end of january.

Anyone know where I can get it earlier?

Post subject: Re: not until mid season?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:52 pm 

You should check the Spark R&D website, but I bet everyone is sold out through January. The nature of a popular new product... Be on the ball or wait until demand dies down.

Shep

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:19 pm 

yup, already sent them a request and waiting for reply from spark r&d. figured placing an order a month in advance of product release would be soon enough but....

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:38 pm 

Yah, good point that a month ago would be early, I was just thinking through Spark R&D. Honestly, if you are early on the MGear list, then you may be better holding out, rather than canceling your order and just getting in a different line now. Don't think of it as mid-season, rather the beginning of when it gets really good in the BC.

Shep

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:59 pm 

Man, I just found out I'm in the same boat...
I ordered a pair on Nov. 17th from mountain gear and on the invoice it said they would ship out Dec 2nd. I emailed them this week and was told the new estimated shipping date was 1/31 :banghead:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:04 pm 

I received the email below from Spark yesterday and was able to locate a local dealer to snag their last pair of medium Fuses. However, the shop where I got them (All Board Sports in Boulder) said they have a bunch more coming so it might be worth calling them.

Haven't used the new Fuses yet but damn are they light.

Here's the email. Happy hunting:

"Hello Spark fans,

We have had a recent slew of bindings ship out to our dealers, and around 10 AM tomorrow (Thursday December 17th, mountain time) we will be releasing a small number of Fuse to our online store.. some complete bindings and some baseplates. With luck from the delivery fairy.. we should be getting some needed material tomorrow and will have more to post on the store within a few days.. if you miss out, please be patient, no need to email.. we know everyone wants em, and we are cranking along as fast as possible.

The following dealers have been sent Fuse bindings recently:

Prior Snowboards in Whistler, BC; the Back Country in Truckee, California; Hoback Sports in Jackson, Wyoming; Tribute Board Shop in Nelson, BC; White Pine Touring in Park City, Utah; Snowboard Connection in Seattle, Washington; The Mountain Shop in Fort Collins, Colorado; Salty Peaks in Salt Lake City, Utah; Valhalla Pure Outfitters in Revelstoke, BC; Joyride Bikes in Logan, Utah; Attridge Ski & Board in Vernon, BC; Mammoth Mountaineering in California; Red Shred's Bike and Board in Williams Lake, BC; All Board Sports in Boulder, CO; and Gallatin Alpine Sports in Big Sky, MT.

These folks only have certain sizes and quantities at the moment, and as many of you probably are aware, sold out already. If you need more info about these dealers, check out our "Dealers" page on our website:

http://www.sparkrandd.com/dealers/

INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS:
Please bear with an intermittent problem we are having with international shipping. The selection does not always include USPS P.M.I., and often UPS is a very high cost.. UPS may not offer ground service to many locations.. only Worldwide Expedited, hence the high cost. USPS will deliver most anywhere, so I can refund any difference in ship cost if you purchase the UPS shipping and I can ship it USPS. For some reason Standard Shipping can be an option for $0.00 dollars.. we, under no circumstances ship for free!! Sorry, I may have to send you an invoice for the shipping cost if this is the case. Bottom line.. order what you want and I will work with you for the best shipping option.

Thanks to everybody for your support and enthusiasm for our products. We will keep this list updated in the coming weeks as we build and ship more bindings. Think snow!

Sales

http://www.sparkrandd.com

Sales@sparkrandd.com

PO Box 3284

Bozeman MT 59772

Phone: 406.580.76744

Fax: 866.323.7948"

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:55 pm 

Me too, got hold of the last one from the Norwegian dealer. Think he only got four sets, so that was fortunate. Storm R on the way across the Atlantic, and its snowing outside. :doobie:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:39 pm 

I got bought mine yesterday on the Spark site and it looked like they sold out in about an hour. I'm psyched to give these a try.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:31 pm 

Don't worry too much, I got an email Dec 9th saying I wouldn't get them until Feb 1st. I got them last Tuesday and took them out on Vail Pass today.