Burton 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
Prior 28%  28%  [ 11 ]
Venture 28%  28%  [ 11 ]
Never Summer 26%  26%  [ 10 ]
Atomic 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 39
 Post subject: Best Manufactured Splitboard Poll
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:57 am 

Ok- I hope this hasn't already been done- but I'm really curious to see the reults of this poll and hear people's thoughts. Please tell us why you think so, and your experience with other brands. Let me know if I left anyone out?

Post subject: Re: Best Splitboard Manufacturer Poll
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:01 pm 

I'm not going to vote-

I've only ridden Burton's (both the old system and w/ Voile's), and DIYs.

Not much perspective on the other guys- which is why I'm putting up the poll. Not really many places to even see them (that I know of) around the northeast.

I really want to do a tour of factory tours, and check them all out in process. (maybe build my own while I'm at it).

Post subject: Re: Best Splitboard Manufacturer Poll
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:41 pm 

Seems like Venture's winning, at least at the moment...

What's up with the camber? Flat between the feet? Seems like more of a freestyle than powder rocker?

Any thoughts? Experience?

Post subject: Re: Best Manufactured Splitboard Poll
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:25 pm 

Title change from

"Best Splitboard Manufacturer" to

"Best Manufactured Splitboard"

The difference is subtle, but important.

Does anyone care to comment other than me?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:01 am 

I ve only owned Voile ,and stayed with voile through the years. I bought my first SD in 98, and four boards later , I am so very happy with my Mojo. I demo ed A few Priors and they seemed worthy , but not for the price. Always wanted to stay American with my gear as well hombres. No offense Canada, your Prior boards are sweet.

I d love to have a few more boards, especially a Venture Storm R...171...this year ,and another Voile ST, maybe used 178.

It s nice all the products have come so far in the last few years.

:thatrocks:

Deep snow and surfin the blue blue, I dream.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:38 am 

I think this is a tough poll because most have probably only used one or two splitboards, and the votes might be skewed based on public opinion and price.

I won't vote because I've only used my 08 Mojo, and I think the build quality is OK, not great but not bad. I managed to hack up a decent amount of the sides from skinning (just started last year), but that is more my fault than theirs, I guess (I walk like a duck). I still wish the area just above the metal edges was more durable.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:00 am 

Not voting either.

I have a NS titan and an NS summit (the titan is currently at waiting to be sent by my deadbeat friend to repair).

I can see why someone would prefer the Mojo for instance (i tried that as well), it's got more pop and it's much lighter.

Can't say which is better, but the NS definitely has my vote in terms of personal preference.

I love them, but I don't think they are for everybody. The summit, at 172, is pretty stiff, pretty damp, and quite heavy. I like this tank like feel because I suck at park stuff (at best I can land fakey) and I don't think i've ever used a board, split or otherwise, that had the crud bashing ability of these two (i didn't expect the summit to be so good at that too). They're also very durable, which is also something I can appreciate.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:55 am 

I'm on an Atomic, mostly for political reasons, (don't want to support Voile's heavy handed legal ethos and squashing the little guy for practices to which they themselves have been a party). :nononno:

Atomic makes a solid product with bindings that rival Sparks in terms of overall height off the deck.

Rounded ski tips in skin mode / mini swallowtail in ride mode also excell compared to mainstream product.

The Poacher's heel lifter is an added hassle so it's been replaced on my deck with G3 heel lifters. Also made some changes to the skin attachments (attach tip first, then slide hand down. The original method has you attach the tailhook first and smooth against the grain of the skins.

If you're the type that needs something different, for no other reason than to be different, this is your ride. :thumpsup:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:01 pm 

This voting not real look ... sorry . but the are diferent shapes an diferent konzepts .

Burton the leader of the snowboard market , ns prior the gallier of snowboards ....

a right voting is the interface systen voting ..... voile, burton ( oh the stitch to Volie ) and atomic .
The past told all : Voile interface work s as best , the next level is wight .....
the wight is a crazy thing - the shape is a factor that make a big point of the wight.
the core thikness and the kind of wood ..... the betls and the dekor...
noting wight noting .... cap is generell lighter than sandwitch ....

the voting mast call how had the best interface , (volie - Atomic )
what kind of shape ridden the most member s of splitboard.com

i say my splitboards are the best http://www.wildschnee.de - this is wrong - only for me is this best board....

Markus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:12 am 

burton, (small b, the guy not the company) I vote for this construction
http://www.wildschnee.de/index.php?opti ... &Itemid=58

Well done! narrow skis, less skin weight and most of all less snow stacked up on top of the board on ascent! :headbang:

And really Plinko, Voile . . . a mainstream oppressor? :scratch: Try "very small local business that got this party rolling." Capitalism got you down brother? I suggest you go to graf snowboards or skibuilders.com and start the process of making your own splits, it is very rewarding to make what you want and ride it!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:21 pm 

Scooby2 wrote:
:

And really Plinko, Voile . . . a mainstream oppressor? :scratch: Try "very small local business that got this party rolling."

Hey Scooby,

Yes, Voile certainly helped get the ball rolling by marketing someone else's idea and make splitting a viable sport for a broader consumer base. But at this point in the game, they've done more to stifle innovation and growth of our sport with lawsuits against a lot of other little guys. If other inventors took the same stance back in the day, Voile never would have survived. And how does Voile repay that? It's just poor form all the way around. Attorneys for Voile have been BUSY!!! And a direct result of their actions is that the consumer sees less progress.

Competition breeds innovation.

I'm not going to make a big fuss over it, but you can bet that it has, and will continue to factor into my purchasing decisions.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:39 pm 

powpow wrote:
I think this is a tough poll because most have probably only used one or two splitboards, and the votes might be skewed based on public opinion and price.

I won't vote because I've only used my 08 Mojo, and I think the build quality is OK, not great but not bad. I managed to hack up a decent amount of the sides from skinning (just started last year), but that is more my fault than theirs, I guess (I walk like a duck). I still wish the area just above the metal edges was more durable.

Agreed, this a tough poll. I'm interested in the Venture Helix and Prior AMF. My Mojo is great for freeriding and pow slashing, but doesn't like to spin or land switch off kickers. Its light, but definitely not the most durable stick in the trade (everybody seems to kill their edges with skinning).

Anyway, it would take more experience on different boards to justify my vote, as I've only ridden Vole, Prior and Burton. Of those three, burton sucked, Prior Kyber was RAD but not poppy enough, and the Mojo got my cash...