Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: the eagle has landed...NS blaho bros titan 160 split review
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:35 am 

firstly a big thank you for bentley at neversummer ....my brand new split 160 titan arrived last week and today was its first mission in the bc..snow conditions were not perfect..a nasty 1 inch crust on top of 35 cm of light powder..some sun released corn and some hardpack rime ish stuff...not the best conditions but we got out there and back safely...will review the board properly with more time on it but it has heaps of life and is very easy to turn..the tail has plenty of power and flex..i .like..weight is not an issue

also had my sparks on the board and what a difference to the slider plate set up, i actually felt the board flexing underfoot...definitely doing yourself an injustice if you have slider plates...

yahoo as we say down here :rock:

our destination..the crater lake...mmmmm sulphur

the titan at the summit col..enjoying the view

lunch time at the lake

looking back after climbing out of the crater basin

:thumpsup:

Post subject: Re: the eagle has landed
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:42 pm 

wow, thats incredable!!!!!!!!!! Nice TR

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:42 pm 

Nice shots and sweet board. I've got a 164 Titan split and love it!

www.splitboardoregon.com

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:19 pm 

Yea buddy! Im currently finishing my summer split project, its a 161 mid wide never summer revolver, it is a rocker camber snowboard and since riding rocker boards in the backcountry I will never go back. Love the quality product never summer puts out

Post subject: Re: the eagle has landed...NS blaho bros titan 160 split review
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:41 am 

have now had a few more days in the bc with the titan and feel i am beginning to know the board better....to start the construction is perfect topsheet edges and base, the two halves fit tightly together as they should and the weight is very light.. so light that some pple have compared it to a solid board setup with old heavy bindings...climbing the mtn the boards are nearly weightless underfoot and neatly balanced, i esp like the sharp fresh edges and how they grabbed the slope...all up if splitboards keep evolving in this direction i will not need a solid board..(for my style of riding)

the downhill.....still discovering the potential but there is so much life in the deck, pops off little hits at slow speed nicely and is very easy to turn but the good news is when you start to speed up,,,i have not really experienced this before but the tail flex begins to accelerate you when compressed but does not wash out instead it feels when you put your foot down that there is another whole powerband waiting to be tapped...so nicely dampens at speed but still lively cruising...

i have not had light powder and it doesnt really look like it this season but we have slid 40 degree slopes a few times and it is total control.. stoked .. :clap:

forehand carve cruizing

backhand ontrail stablility plus