Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What Bindings do you ride
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:46 pm 

I have 2 sets.

1) Flow Bindings. Ive used them for touring and they arnt bad, but they are kinda hard to get out of when your knee deep in pow.

2) Cheap 24/7 bindings. Used them once, they where kinda flexable on the bases but the backing plate is nice.

Any ideas of what I should use or buy out side of the spark bindings

Post subject: Re: What Bindings do you ride
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:25 am 

Spark base plates with whatever straps you prefer (assuming you can meld them together). :rock:
I rode a friend's Sparks once last year and plan to get just the bases and rig them up with Burton triad parts this season.
I had hoped Voile would get off the fence with their binding, but as of last week they still claim they don't have one. Uh, okay :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:58 pm 

i prefer an aluminum baseplate so there is less flex where it connects to the slider

from there, find something lightweight and not bulky

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:01 pm 

Updated my binders since the last post.... Ignition II bases, Ride LX heel and lo-back, Burton Triad "lounge" straps....

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:34 pm 

those are pretty. did you just drill a hole in the cap strap? any worries on that part cracking without reinforcement around the hole? Im thinking about upgrading my BM restraint straps this year...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:17 pm 

HikeforTurns wrote:
those are pretty. did you just drill a hole in the cap strap? any worries on that part cracking without reinforcement around the hole? Im thinking about upgrading my BM restraint straps this year...

Thanks... I drilled the hole out slightly larger than the bolt I used, then capped each side with nylon washers and used a nylon acorn nut+loktite, so I didn't have to over torque it.
If I had the time to shop around I would have found an aluminum/nylon sleeve to fit over the bolt, so the nut torqued on the sleeve and the strap could swing freely.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:30 pm 

I've currently got Burton Synchro's which I got dirt cheap a while back, and I'm desperately in need of an upgrade. I wish I could drop the money on Sparks, but I think that's not an economic reality at the moment. I've got my eyes on some Ride SPi bindings (last years models, for $130). Does anybody have any input on these? My only requirements are something sturdy, preferably responsive (I like the idea of the aluminum baseplate), and something easy on/off (I volunteer patrol at Smuggs).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:06 am 

surfsnowywaves wrote:
I've currently got Burton Synchro's which I got dirt cheap a while back, and I'm desperately in need of an upgrade. I wish I could drop the money on Sparks, but I think that's not an economic reality at the moment. I've got my eyes on some Ride SPi bindings (last years models, for $130). Does anybody have any input on these? My only requirements are something sturdy, preferably responsive (I like the idea of the aluminum baseplate), and something easy on/off (I volunteer patrol at Smuggs).

Save your $130 and buy used ignitions or baseplate and coblle together straps and a high back!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:56 am 

Snurfer,
How was adapting the Ride parts to the Ignitions?

I am more than competent at redrilling / aligning the bolt holes, but was wondering is there is much difference in the heelcup angles between the BM and the ride parts.

To rephrase....... are the bolt holes of both designs the same height and angle above the baseplate?

Thanks..... and nice setup you have there........ far nices than my ride/ rossi / burton frankensteins.