Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/split/public_html/talk/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 942: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3545: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3547: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Splitboard.com Forums • View topic - Saddlebag Mini-Splitfest?

Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 5:28 pm 

Sounds good! I was already planning on going out that way the weekend of June 11. Probably can't do 3 days though. That's cool, I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find you guys...

I'm going to crash the TTips VA lakes party on the May 21st weekend, and put big wide snowboard tracks all over everything. :) Actually I have a tele buddy coming out from NY, so I figured that would be fun for him.

mtnrider, what the hell is a butt dart? On second thought, I don't want to know...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 10:04 pm 

SFB,

Virginia Lakes looks good for us on the 14/15th.

Let me know if Saddlebag will be June 10-12. I have to get a temp, and I want to be sure of the date.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 11:54 am 

was already looking at a trip to saddlebag 11/12 with a mixed crew. F'Yeah :!: wish i could make it to VA...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 10:37 am 

Any chance any of you Cascade, Wasatch, Rockies or East Coast homies will make it to Saddlebag?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 1:12 pm 

bcrider wrote:
I rather ski the area when it's smooth as opposed to with a bunch of zig-zag and faceplant marks. :wink: :P

[Kelso]BURN![/Kelso]

This skier might make an appearance next weekend, but will try to avoid the face plants.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 8:10 am 

Ola guys. SFB. Great Plan. Virginia Lakes looks good for us on the 14/15th look good to me . Also VA Lakes next weekend 5/14-15 is pretty open. Would love to get some runs in. Hope it will al work out. Looking forward to see al you guys there sooooon....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 9:06 am 

Well, sounds like VA Lakes should be going off this weekend. Guess we'll have to see what the latest little dump of snow does to the road in though. Heard there wasn't much parking available at the road end either...

Anyway, I think I'll be trying to bail out of work early Friday to drive up there from the Bay Area. Anyone else planning on camping at the trailhead Friday night? Any tips on best way to get there from the Bay Area? Initial hopes of some of the summer passes being opened in time seem to have been squashed, but I could be wrong...

This is going to be a long week. Can't wait 'til Friday..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 9:26 am 

I'm pretty sure neither Ebbetts nor Sonora will be open by this weekend. There may be limited parking at the end of the plowing. I've heard they are not going to plow the dirt/gravel parking lot at VA Lakes, because it gets too torn up. I recommend maybe getting there on Friday night or early Saturday.

Just to give you an idea of the snowpack up there, here's a photo taken yesterday on VA Lakes Rd:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 9:33 am 

damn! how's that for snowpack. 8)

ps. I had a change of plans now that I have a hall pass for Memorial Weekend. I wont be at VA Lakes for both days this weekend. Most likely just on Sunday...all day.

with the road being plowed only to the pavement (requiring 2 mile skin to the lakes), the goods should still be plentiful. go get em!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 9:39 am 

The skin is less than a mile to the lakes, but I only saw tracks on Dunderberg. It was cold, cloudy, starting to flurry, and the snow was rock hard, so I bailed after just checking things out yesterday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 2:31 pm 

Looks good, so are we car camping then?

I'll have to plan accordingly either way. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 3:45 pm 

I've never been to VA Lakes before. Based on what I've been reading here and at TTips, with the road not being fully plowed, parking sounds like it might be an issue.

I was anticipating packing light and sleeping in my truck. Is that still doable or should I now plan for snow camping?

Btw, is anyone bringing their dog?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 4:28 pm 

I'm staying in mtnrider's truck. :D :D

matt, you ended up going down there eh. My legs were too tired to ride Sunday, but my mind was saying "ah just ride you sissy". I fished instead. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next