Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: The Economy & splitboarding
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:21 am 

Jackson announced a little over a week ago that reservations are down 27% , cancellations are up and job availability is down 87%. Rentals are up huge. Costly rentals. Foreclosures are staggering even for the rich.

I don't think we are going to se an increase in backcountry use. Those who don't get after it still won't. I think the resorts and the leisure industry in general is going to take a beating. I'm pretty sure I won't have the luxury to climb and ride 4,500+ vert. everyday like the last few years. :nononno: :(

Post subject: Re: The Economy & splitboarding
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:38 am 

Hi , just read your post. I am concerned about the economic outcome as well, but not so much. I think I am so lucky to live here in the N.America, and think how unfortunate it is for others on the planet, which have been effected by this or not been effected by it. We , as a whole, are still so fortunate, and many of us , are still not seeing of feeling the squeeze because we stayed withinin life's limitations.

I also think too many people in N.America just overspent and will continue to do so because they do not know any better and that is such a bad thing, and unfortunately a sad thing. People need to except their lives and always strive to make it better. Day after day.

I am far from wealthy but I still take multiple trips a year, buy gear, live in a small home(-1200 sq. ft), that I am always putting time into and money into, our ski pass is 333$ next year( which is amazing), I have 2 kids, 2 dogs, a cat, a wife...It works , ... I think thats a pretty good life.

We all must stay positive in life, moving gently forward like when we split, and somehow up our existence every year in some way , I think. (Physically , Mentally , spirtually, maybe even monetarily speaking....Like save a little... :thumpsup:

I love this quote....Based on the above, the best current investment advice is to drink heavily and recycle." :guinness:

And, This might be the most important thing we think of doing, not necessarily doing though. Stay positive.

Be excited you have a splitboard,

Deep snow and surfin the blue blue, I dream.