Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Burton Interface riding angle question
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:42 am 

I'm new to splitboarding. I teleskiied in the backcountry for years, but I've come to the realization that I now can snowboard better than I ever could ski.

Recently, I picked up a Burton Omen S on Ebay. Only after perusing this forum and turns-all-year.com do I realize that the Burton Interface is obsoleted by Voille and Sparks. I'll be studying carefully the posts in this forum on upgrading to Voille.

I haven't ridden the board yet. There's still one thing I don't understand. I don't see any way to set the ride position foot angle except to loosen all the binding bolts and rotate the binding plate then flip the interface over and match the angle on the interface to the angle on the binding plate with the angle protractor stamped on the bottom of the interface. Since the binding bolts go into the flower plate and the flower plate is locked into the crescents with just one position, I can't figure out any other way. It must be simpler than this. Are there instructions out there?

Post subject: Re: Burton Interface riding angle question
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:22 am 

It's kind of hard to explain but if you put the base plate on keep the screws a little loose you can angle the binding and the interface plate to match up straight. When everything is squared off how you want it, so that they fit straight for skinning, you can tighten the screws and everything is set up. Does that make sense? It does to me but I've been working since 1700 yesterday and it's 1330 now and I've only slept about 6 hours in the last 3 days so bear with me.... :scratch: