Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:01 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Voile Mojo
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:11 pm 

Just looking for peoples thoughts on the Voile Mojo. been riding a old Voile for years and love it. Would like to pick up a Venture, but the price would lead to a quick divorce. Going to look around silverton and ask the guys at the shop if they have any demos for sale. Would like to keep the dollars local. Is the Divide worth the extra cash..
I spend most of my time splitting in and around Durango and Silverton CO, tight and steap trees with open shots when conditions allow.
Thanks for your thoughts

Post subject: Re: Voile Mojo
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:51 pm 

I have had 4 voile Splitty's, starting with a 1998, my last being the Mojo, and it kicks ass...

I mean it, I love it, and think its a really amazing board, at the ski hill, and off piste. Voile's Rand D have done a good job, and the 171, has been a treat to ride and tour with. Can t wait to get out there again. Maybe Tommorrow. Weather dependent.

Have a great day ...

Deep snow and surfin the blue blue, I dream.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:52 pm 

I have a Split Decision, a Mtn.Gun and 2 Mojos.
I love my Mojo+! I ride it nearly everyday.
By far my favorite riding is steep trees, not that I don't love throwing down HUGE G-turns on open bowls. Surfing deep pow, super high speed G-Turns, jumping, slicing-n-dicing the trees, it can do it all! :thumpsup: I've ridden in deep & hero pow, ice, sastrugi, wind slab, corn and mash potatoes. It handles all conditions in good style. Just so much fun.
I have a cap and sidewall hybrid Mojo. I feel that the cap construction actually skins more efficiently than sidewall construction. Certainly is light. :thumpsup: I generally average about 5000-6000 vert ft. a day. I have put in my share of 10,000 vert.ft. days as well. I'm an old guy :D, light and efficient is everything :wink: .

I actually prefer to ride my cap Mojo over my NS Titan TX and my NS Legacy. :thumpsup:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:34 pm 

What is the major diffenence between the mojo and the mtn gun. How does the gun ride also.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:02 pm 

The Mtn Gun is super stiff and very damp. Very much a big mtn. board. At it's best when making 5 turns down a 1,000' of variable snow or doing discontinuous hop turns on a wind scoured 55+ degree face.

The Mojo is much more an all mountain board. Much livelier, faster turning board. Floats pow much better. Overall a more versatile and fun ride. It's lighter and (IMO) never fails to inspire another lap. :thumpsup:

To sum them up, anything I would use the Mtn. Gun for I would also use the Mojo for. There are lots of conditions I would absolutely prefer the Mojo over the Gun.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:48 pm 

Thanks for the info. Kinda hard to find wright ups on the mtn gun. The mojo will proably do the job for me. Thanks again.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:46 pm 

The Mtn.Gun isn't being made any longer. Voile scraped it in favor of the more versatile Mojo. You can't go wrong with it. Such a great board. You won't be sorry. :thumpsup:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:58 am 

Sorry I'm late to this party........

My .02, Buy a Vunture and support your neighbor. I own two ventures and couldn't really afford either one of them. If you already have the Mojo, great, but if you live in Durango you should save some $$$ for next season and get a Divide. Aside from supporting your local economy, you'll be getting a super bomber well made board that is probably crafted by the same guys that you'll run into at the trail head.

Sorry for the rant, but I have several buddies in DGO that ride either priors or voilles and thier only real justification is price. That is good justification when you don't have a local board builder but around here it's pure BS.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:07 pm 

creighers wrote:
Would like to pick up a Venture, but the price would lead to a quick divorce.

Thanks for your thoughts

Bgb, How can say that price is "good justification unless you have a board builder in the neighborhood." ? With uncertainty of our economy. Splitboarding is luxury for most folks. There is now way I could afford an Igneous board. They are in basically in my neighborhood.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:29 am 

Cost is a great justification if all you ever look at is the price tag. For my part, I tend to dig deeper into what a company stands for and not just what they have to offer as a product. In the case of Venture there is a company with solid people and values who produce and incredible product. I'm pretty sure the economy is hard on everyone, especially the folks at Venture and given the fact that the other split builders are basically giving thier boards away right now, I'd still fork over the extra cash just to keep the money local.

And like I said, I couldn't really afford any of the Ventures that I've bought but all of them have been worth every penny.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:16 pm 

bgb, For many the view can't really extend past the price tag. It's just reality, plain and simple. Buying local isn't always a reality. Sad but true.
The folks at Voile are stand up people who build in house and have been committed to building an outstanding product for a very long time. In fact the board you are riding may not have existed without them. Certainly the hardware wouldn't. They are just a couple of the outstanding innovations brought to the backcountry community over the years by Voile.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:33 am 

Did you ever get your voile mojo? How do you like it? I went to order one today and they are sold out in my size so I have to wait a week to get the newer version.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:53 pm 

Yes I picked one up. It is really nice and handles better then expected. Great deal and a great price from voile. No anyone who want to buy a older voile, need to sell.