Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: VT NY NH ME PQ 08/09
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:04 am 

Thanks guys (and girls? :wink: )

Snow pack took some lumps this weekend, but its "only" feb 9. Still plenty of season to look forward too.

Toured near the house on Sat and braved the "variable" snow on Mansfield Sunday. The beer(s) helped.

Hoping to tour a bit this weekend if conditions allow. Monday off....

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:18 am 

DAILY HYDROMETEOROLOGICAL DATA
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BURLINGTON VT
706 PM EST SUN FEB 08 2009

STATION PRECIP TEMPERATURE PRESENT SNOW
24 HRS MAX MIN CUR WEATHER NEW TOTAL SWE

MOUNT MANSFIELD 0.41 31 12 12 1.0 66

above stats off mt mansfield from yesterday (sun) from nws out of btv. a wild day...

looks like just under 1/2" of water equiv with only 1" new snow and hi temp of 31. must have been a heavy inch. guessing all but highest most northerly aspects above ~3800' were affected. still, sig loss of snowpack was minimized w/ cold temps back in behind the front. stake per above is now reading 66", sweet. sunny today.

some warming expected mid-week.

i'll call you tonight twostowe, lets connect. poss overnight nxt w/e conditions permitting??

Post subject: Hey where is MA in the Topic Title?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:43 pm 

Skinned up and rode down the thunderbolt on Sunday. After two days of near 40 degrees - coverage was still great. Plus 2K feet of earned vert in less than 3 hours is killer....

of course its prime sled neck territory which sucked. two stroke exhaust while skinning is bunk 4 sho.

08/09 - Zero Chair rides.

-will

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:38 am 

willyo617 wrote:
Skinned up and rode down the thunderbolt on Sunday... two stroke exhaust while skinning is bunk

nice will, way to tag it.

come back up again when we get more snow, i've found a couple more N shots that hold the goods. last week was sweeeeet.

things to change again tomorrow.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:37 am 

Hi Vermonters. I ride Jay every weekend all winter and have been thinking pretty hard about a splitty. Ive done a little hiking with snowshoes and it is totally for the birds. I was wondering if any locals would maybe let me checkout their splits and maybe give me some pointers on how to hack one of my boards in half. The devil on my shoulder thinks its a great idea but the angel on the other side doesn't like the idea of cutting a perfectly good board in half. maybe someone else from the area can help me to kick that angel out of here.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:26 pm 

Hey there!

I'd show you my board if needed... there are a couple splitters in the area... But the easiest thing would be to swing by First Trax in Montgomery. Don carries Prior Splitboards and still has one in stock (at least last time i checked!).

I don't know where you ride and where you poke into the woods but we might run into each other! I'm there all the time!

Cheers!

(ps: drop me a PM if you need more info!)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:30 pm 

Oh yeah... check out this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5985

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:30 pm 

Well I was peaking around ebay today and I picked up a MOJO 66. I cant wait for it to come in. Did a make an offer on a new one and got it for 580 shipped. as for in the woods Ive done a few dip runs but mostly I stick to the stuff that is inbounds. well inboundsish anyway. I have tried to go visit the golf course before not making it back from beaver pond. I generally like to go all over the mountain in search of some freshies I do like that little hole after the 2nd entrance to Valhalla. kinda dense and not that steep but its always got some fresh turns left in it. I am up every sat and sunday that the mountain is open. I wear a brown helmet white camo goggles, a brown jacket and brown and orange camo pants so if you see me say Hi.
I live in Derby so I don't really ever get to the Montgomery side of First trax but the guy at the Jay store said they didn't carry anything like that at the Montgomery store. I should have learned not to listen to that guy by now.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:46 pm 

mysticfalcon wrote:
I should have learned not to listen to that guy by now.

Who? Ethan? The kid that works there? He's not to aware of what's on the other side... but he's a great trailbuilder as far as mountain biking is concerned... Good kid. I rarely go to Montgomery either... I'm right across the border from North Troy. 7 miles from Jay Village.

I wear a black jacket with brown pants and black helmet. White and red Oakley goggles. I ride either a Burton Malolo or Fish... Spend most of my mornings around the Jet...

Maybe i'll run into you!

If that 6in of snow come for the weekend, we'll probably go touring instead of riding groomers... We'll see what brings the weekend!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:25 am 

Oh really. I do most of my mountain biking around Burke at the Kingdom Trails. He said they dont do anything with split boards. Maybe just an off day I guess.
Some good times can be had off the Jet. That little storm we had in early Jan. I hung out in the Islands much of the day. Everyone seemed to be flocking to the woods and never touched any of the snow between all the stateside trails.
But since its V-Day I'll probably be spending the weekend around the metro with the significant other. Im glad it isnt supposed to really dump or she would be mad when I ditched her.
6 Days till the Mojo comes in :headbang:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:16 am 

howdy guys, this is my condo weekend in stowe. part of me is thinking of leaving the splitboard home, with the expectation that the conditions in the bc and sidecountry are going to be totally hardpack/ice, or breakable crust. but i'll bring it bc due to my luck, if i leave it home it will dump (maybe I should then ;) ).

i tend to hang out in the notch, or up in jay sidecountry. all that i can access via foot/resort board.. but, any chance of decent conditions enough to tour? for example, i've really been hoping to get onto the hump, but i expect that this is not the weekend for it.

any beta much appreciated.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:38 am 

Again, if it snows, we'll probably go touring... More like exploring while conditions are marginal but the snowpack is still high... Hopefully discover something new!

But please, don't bring the splitboard... We'd love for it to dump over the next few days! :bananas:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:11 pm 

BigJay wrote:
Again, if it snows, we'll probably go touring... More like exploring while conditions are marginal but the snowpack is still high... Hopefully discover something new!

But please, don't bring the splitboard... We'd love for it to dump over the next few days! :bananas:

I'll leave it home, just for y'all. :P

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next