Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 7:03 am 

Monk,
How do you attach the pucks? Pre-PTEX'ed T nuts?

Thanks,
Shep

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 2:20 pm 

hey Shep -

no, I didn't think the ptexed t-nuts would have enough bite for extensive use (I've head them strip out with very little use) - So I used the fanged voile-kit T-nuts with copious amounts of good, semi-flex epoxy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:40 pm 

You sure you don't work for Libtech?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:32 pm 

damn, looks like an OEM job. i was wondering how their rockered boards would work as a split, never thought about the banana hammock.

Post subject: Re: Banana Hammock Split?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:27 am 

Pretty work! Care to share in your edge in-lay secrets? Looks like your stance is really centered. How does it ride in BC conditions?

I'm thinking seriously about doing this exact board or the Ozone board that's essentially the same design for backcountry kiting. Centered stance is exactly perfect for kiting. My biggest concern was if the wind wasn't right & I just end up doing a couple of downhill laps or something how's the board gonna ride centered? I tried that with my other board(making it have a centered stance) & it rode horrible downhill.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:43 pm 

I'd love to try a Banana Split. Monk's work is impressive!

Yo Lewmt, not sure if you noticed but I started a snow kiting forum, see main board index. Please feel free to contribute to it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:08 pm 

Hey Monk

Thats one sweet Split. Nice Work!!! You wanna split my nana hammock. Ive been thinking about splitting mine after the first time riding it. I would love to know how you installed those edges. anyway nice work.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:21 am 

hey dudes

just wanted to share that i am considering splitting my hammock. I have been riding it in the back country (obviously) all last year and its an amazing powder board. its mean to be ridden centered so that may be unusual for the long board crowd. the float is amazing, but its designed to be a twin tip for freestyle performance so that takes a bit of getting used too if you are from a more carve/race back ground.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:44 am 

Can only speak for myself and while I'm not from a race or carve background (more of a freestyle/freeride background) I do like having my nose bigger than the tail. Not so much that it's totally backseat but enough that it helps prevent tip dive. I can see how the rocker would help to alleviate this but I'd still want an inch or two more nose on the banana. Can it be set back at all or is it mandatory centered?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:41 pm 

You can mount most rocker boards back if you like. In all though they are designed to be rode center stance. You really don't gain any extra float by moving 'em back. The rocker just takes care of it for you. Especially on a big boat like the Hammock. Nose dive is really not a problem on rocker boards.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:40 pm 

^true.

I rode my gyrator last season centered and never encountered any problems with nose dive. mind you 162 and 150lbs rocker or not i doubt the nose would have dug anyway

ps that banana split is sweet. i want that board and a 160ish NS SL-R splitty and I would be oh so happy

Post subject: Re: BCrider, try a snow mullet BTX
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:00 pm 

If you are looking for a more traditional view from up top (ie more nose), the Lib Snow Mullet is a fantastic board. I've been riding mine recently as an only board (hiking, resort, everything). I have a 165, and i'm planning on splitting it. But first I want to try a 172, as I'm wanting a bit more speed in the bowls.

It has a huge amount of nose. In appearance it is like a Khyber but with 28mm of taper, a big shovel nose, but a little less binding setback (1.5inch). This board has the banana rocker and the silly edges. The rocker makes it SUPER surfy at low speed in deep trees. It changes directions so quicky. I get a little rear leg burn, but that's mostly just trying to be overy agressive and slash every bank I see:-).

I have also tried my T.Rice BTX in powder (164.5). Although they advertise it as being good in pow....the equal twin gets a bit tiring, especially over chop. It's a great landing board , but even with the rocker i'm finding a real need to be heavy on the back leg to keep that VERY low profile nose out of the snow. More of an issue on moderate steep slopes, but can equate to an issue if you run into low speed situations.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:16 pm 

okay so how do I get mine? NZ season is only a couple months away. Anyone want to bring me one of these babies? Maybe trade for snowkiting lessons and equipment. see http://www.snowkitesurf.com/index.php?o ... &Itemid=55