Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: BM Restraints Complaints?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:46 pm 

greets peeps

im new to splittin and stoked on charging the BC BC this season. dont have any dedicated bindings yet and am thinking the BM restraints with hopes to get into some of will's bindings eventually. budget is tight otherwise it be all over the ignitions now. few ?'s...

has anyone used the BM restraints on their own with the trad. slider splitt setup? they are plastic baseplates which concerns me a bit. and how much are the ignition II bases when i upgrade?

any other suggestions....also considering the ride delta mvment as ive heard some good things but would rather plan to spark up the split at some point :thatrocks:

koots

Post subject: Re: BM Restraints Complaints?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:56 pm 

Bent Metal baseplates are metal, IIRC. At least mine were. (Thus the name, I always assumed)
They are pretty bomber compared to burton/solly/etc plastic baseplates.
and Will has the prices on his site for the baseplates.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:50 pm 

deejayoh wrote:
Bent Metal baseplates are metal, IIRC. At least mine were. (Thus the name, I always assumed)

Actually, the Bent Metal Retraints have a plastic baseplate. I just bought some for $107 on backcountry.com with hopes of converting to the Spark baseplate at some point.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:54 pm 

powpow wrote:
deejayoh wrote:

Actually, the Bent Metal Retraints have a plastic baseplate. I just bought some for $107 on backcountry.com with hopes of converting to the Spark baseplate at some point.

yep. stand corrected. I bought a pair on the same deal at BC.com and mounted on Sparks so I guess I was mis-remembering, as the rocket might say

If anyone is reading right now they're on whiskeymilitia.com for $59!!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:06 pm 

deejayoh wrote:
powpow wrote:
deejayoh wrote:

yep. stand corrected. I bought a pair on the same deal at BC.com and mounted on Sparks so I guess I was mis-remembering, as the rocket might say

How do you like the setup? I haven't mounted mine yet.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:29 am 

deejayoh wrote:
powpow wrote:
deejayoh wrote:

dam, missed that deal....any other good steals out there on these, post here or PM me. :listen:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:49 pm 

They're still available. :)

http://www.backcountryoutlet.com/outlet ... ID=2315910

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:16 pm 

powpow wrote:
deejayoh wrote:
powpow wrote:
deejayoh wrote:

How do you like the setup? I haven't mounted mine yet.

Putting them together was super easy. Fit was perfect. Will's QC seems to be top notch.
I bought last summer and I haven't ridden them yet. Probably going to get some splitting in this weekend.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:54 am 

I've been riding Restraints on one of my non-splits for a few weeks. Arbor Mystic, park board with a flex pattern on the stiff side for the jumps, not a dedicated rails & boxes kind of board. The flex pattern is great, adjustments work well and have allowed me to get the them very comfy. Still a bit early in the season to get too aggro with the bigger cliffs where I ride most but plenty of 10-15' cliffs and tons of jumping in and out of the park with no issues.

If you're going to be running them with the Ignition II base plates then you'll be back to a metal base as others have noted.

The only complaint I have on mine compared to my Union bindings is that the release mechanism is not as dialed. On my Unions, I can release my bindings with one swipe of my hand per buckle 98.9657493% of the time. On the Bent Metal's, it commonly takes me two motions per buckle. Just a nit pick and a testament to how good they are since I can't think of any real problems that I have.

FWIW, I also have a set of Bent Metal Step-In's and just grabbed 2 sets of Spark Ignition II's for my and the wifey's splittys.