Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:00 am 

philfort,

I'm thinking with a little elbow greece and emery paper or filing you can get the fit "just rigth". You'll appreciate the fact that it is tight to start with, and I always rather error in this direction if any. It's quite difficult to tighten up a loose connection in this area..

Anyway, I'm glad this subject came up. I'm about to embark on a DIY splitboard journey and this is just one more area I'll pay a little "extra" attention to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:12 am 

Phil,
Try loosening the nuts on the t-bolts and try to get the board together with them semi loose and then tighten them back.

Post subject: voile hooks
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:53 pm 

I have been reading with concern, that we shipped a board that cannot be assembled due to the hooks positioning. All our boards are assembled before shipping and we try and make a very snug fit becasuse they are going to adventually ware down. For the first few assemblies you will need to bang the tail on the ground to fit the two halves together. If anyone is still having a problem just drop me an email directly and I will get back to you. Cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:21 pm 

That's awesome that some manufacturers(sp?) are willing to address problems like these and have a genuine concern. I hope things will continue to be this way when splitboarding really gets big.(As is beginning to happen). It has a big affect on me the way a company deals with certain issues as I will be looking into another split soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:48 pm 

Banging the tail on the ground (pretty hard) did eventually get the hooks to sit all the way together, thanks Chris. It took a few assemblies/disassemblies, but it seems to be getting easier now - though I still have to bang the tail to disassemble. Hopefully I'll get to try it out for the 1st time this wknd :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 11:24 pm 

Thanks for coming on to comment about this Chris...very commendable. :)

ps. Tell Dean hi!

Post subject: More props for Prior
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:46 am 

This is totaly unrelated to splits, but I'd like to chime in with a customer service story regarding Prior.

I ride a solid MFR and love it. So, when my wife was due for a new board, stopped by the Prior tent one day while at Whistler. Chris, Dean, and co. rolled out the red carpet and set her up with three different lengths. 154 > 149 > 152 and back to the 154. Anyway, she loved the 154 and we ordered one up on the spot.

The board arrived a week or two later and I went to mount up my wife's Flows. Unfortunately, the front insert pack had one of the holes misaligned by about 1mm. For most bindings with slots, this would have been a non-issue, but Flows have round holes that seem to need precise alignment. I probably could have dremeled the binding disks slightly. When I emailed, Dean could have said "1mm! That's well within reasonable tolerances", but he didn't. He immediately sent out a return shipping label and started work on pressing a new board for my wife. He was even nice enough to reserve the last remaining stock of a limited edition ice blue base that my wife really loved. The new board arrived soon after and my wife is delighted with it.

Prior probably made very little on that sale due to the cost of shipping back and forth from BC to California, but they certainly won two loyal customers. I can't wait to put enough damage into my old Oxygen Shogun to warrant replacing it with a big MFR or PowStick. The only problem Prior is going to run into is that their boards last so damn long! My 162 MFR has alot of miles on it, but it still rides like the day I bought it.

Sorry for the long post, but I'm a happy customer and much prefer to send my $s to the little guys with great service over the big soulless corporations. :D