Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:55 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Spark R & D Split Specific Bindings
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:19 pm 

Stoked. Very stoked.

:blink:

Post subject: putting ratchets on outside
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:03 pm 

Ive always had my binding ratchets on the outside. But the way the pin slides in with the ignition 2's it wont clear the risers. I just reversed the bindings so the ratchets are on the inside since there doesnt seem to really be a right and a left on these bindings? I've thought about adjusting the pucks, but setting them up was a major pain in the ass...I think the holes on my prior were drilled mismatched, but thats another topic altogether. anyways, It seems the bindings kick ass, just wondering if I could make them more kick ass by getting the ratchets on the outside somehow. It worked alright today going down a 45 degree blind rollover :rock:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:31 am 

Hey AK,
You can switch the pins between your left and right feet and have them insert from the outside rather than the inside, then you can have your buckles on the outside with your forward angled back foot. I send the pins the other way because I like how the pin leashes don't get slack in them. There are more options here: http://www.sparkrandd.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/ignition-binding-setup-guidex1.pdf

I could go for some 45degree blind rollover right now, got pix?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:49 am 

These bindings look SICK!!!!! :bananas: Revolutionary to be exact! :drinks:

Post subject: Re: putting ratchets on outside
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:16 am 

Ak_Pride wrote:
Ive always had my binding ratchets on the outside.

That's because that's they way they are supposed to go! :)

Ak_Pride wrote:
I've thought about adjusting the pucks, but setting them up was a major pain in the ass

A splitboard with ICS (infinite channel system) would make it MUCH easier but Burton won't listen.

Ak_Pride wrote:
It seems the bindings kick ass, just wondering if I could make them more kick ass by getting the ratchets on the outside somehow.

My solution was easy. Remove the pin leashes and insert the pins from the outside. Done.

Pin leashes are for noobs anyway. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:18 am 

neilprovo wrote:
These bindings look SICK!!!!! :bananas: Revolutionary to be exact! :drinks:

Welcome to the forum Neil! Nice avatar too! How about posting a large version too? Maybe in the welcome wagon thread.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:21 am 

BigJay wrote:
Stoked. Very stoked.

I'm sure you're aware but you've got the wrong pin in. That one should be on the front foot coming in from the outside.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:49 pm 

bcrider wrote:
I'm sure you're aware but you've got the wrong pin in. That one should be on the front foot coming in from the outside.

I was just taking a quick pic... I have to run two "left" pins... because i use a positive angle... and can't insert the pin from the inside...

Last weekend i spent a few hours tweaking the setup... filing down the touring plates... sanding down the inside of the bindings... now everything is super smooth... inserts smoothly... no loosy... clamps on the touring brackets with no effort and no loosness... No more scratching of the pins because voile punched a hole that left a small rim on the bracket that messed up my pins... GRRRR!

But now i'm ready... the new board will be lighter then the old burton... but i'm sure i'll somehow miss the quick and easy system from the old burton... but the new Spark rock... and the board is a lot lighter then the previous one...

So yeah... I can't wait to try it out for good! Might take it to the resort this weekend just to test it out.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:43 pm 

BigJay wrote:
I have to run two "left" pins... because i use a positive angle... and can't insert the pin from the inside...

Many people have switched the pins to insert from the outside (myself included). The downside is that you can't run the leash the way it is currently if you do this. You can run leashless like bcrider, but the day he loses a pin in the bc will be marked on this forum in infamy. :) Alternatively, you could use something elastic like a hair tie and secure it to one of the holes in the baseplate. Here's my setup, note that I replaced the toe strap with a Burton capstrap, and the end of the ratchet has a handy-dandy place to tie off said hair tie. BTW, if I just suggested fixing something with a hair tie, does that make me a hippie??

Quote:
Last weekend i spent a few hours tweaking the setup... filing down the touring plates... sanding down the inside of the bindings... now everything is super smooth... inserts smoothly... no loosy... clamps on the touring brackets with no effort and no loosness... No more scratching of the pins because voile punched a hole that left a small rim on the bracket that messed up my pins... GRRRR!

Ahh! I noticed that too but didn't pinpoint the source. I'll have to bust out the file.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:15 am 

jimw wrote:
Ahh! I noticed that too but didn't pinpoint the source. I'll have to bust out the file.

I won't take the credit on this... Will saw it before me and i looked into it over the weekend... Will's the MAN!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:02 pm 

Question for Will or any others...

In terms of hardware for the Ignition Baseplates (I or II) what hellcups/highbacks will work with these other thean bent metal? It seems people have had luck with Drake and Gnu as well.

I REALLy want the baseplates and have acesss to a graveyard of old bindings and could go search hundreds for heelcups and parts between friends basements.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:42 am 

Hi Torn66,
I've seen a few guys on here rolling with Burton highbacks, although they still used the bent metal heel loop. I've seen a few Drakes and some Nitro highbacks used as well. If you've got a whole graveyard to work with I'd say go for baseplates only and tinker away. If it turns out you can't get anything to fit I'll sell you the rest of the parts for the difference. You can check out the baseplate hole patterns on our FAQ page http://www.sparkrandd.com/bindings/frequently-asked-questions/.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:15 pm 

I really like these binders, but yet I really like the rome binders I have right now. Any chance that other sparks will be coming out? Or should I just look for a good deal on binders and buy the baseplates? Does Prior sell the baseplates, or just completes?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next