Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:27 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Slider Pucks and Inserts
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:11 pm 

Hi,

I'm Boomer from Wisconsin and I've been posting on TGR fourms for a bit but I figured this would be a better place for split-board related questions.

A good friend of mine and I have been making skis for about two years now. We recently completed a new press that will allow us to build a snowboard in one piece.

So I have a few questions...

1. Do you think we should press the board whole and split it afterward, or vise versa?

2. How far off of the center line (split) of the board do the inserts need to be to accommodate the Voile pucks so that I will be able to adjust my stance, without re-drilling, like I would have to do with my current split.

3. Also regarding the inserts, are they spaced like on a normal board or are they different? If so what is the distance between inserts?

I just want to say thanks in advance and I will be sure to post pictures once we have the board complete!

Post subject: Re: Slider Pucks and Inserts
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:00 am 

Heir Boomheir,

Voile adjustable inserts are 2.5 cm apart from center to center. The spread between the two halves should be 8.5 cm. However, if you measure a bunch of Voile's you will see that there is a lot of variation up to 3mm. The sweet thing about the design of the pucks is that it can absorb a fair bit of inaccuracy in the width.

definitely check out www.grafsnowboards.com

I make my own splits and have always preffered to press each half by itself. It gives you more time to line everthing up and less to deal with at one time. So fun to make your own rides!