Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tips for voile SD plate binding set-up
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:08 am 

I did a search first --

The directions are good for what you're looking to do as far as set up goes.. But is there a better way than trial and error for getting a good fitment to the boot?

Setting these up for Scarpa Denali TTs btw..

Thanks in advance,

-Will

Post subject: Re: Tips for voile SD plate binding set-up
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:39 am 

Been a while since I set up my plates, but if I remember correctly, I did something a little bit like this:

1. without screws, position boot, toe, and heel pieces over the slider plate so that the boot is located where you want it.
2. grab the plate and the heel piece together and hold them up so you can line up the holes visually.
3. put the bolts in the holes that line up as close as possible, while erring towards pushing the heel plate a tiny bit toward the toe of the boot, if necessary.
4.put the boot and toe piece back on the plate and see where the toe piece lines up similar to checking the heel piece in step 2.
5. similar to step 3, pick the bolt holes that line up as close as possible, while erring on the side of pushing the toe piece toward the heel of the boot.
6. hopefully, you have narrowed the distance between the toe and heel pieces by ~1/8" over what you had in step 1. this should give a pretty good positive hold without taking too much work to get on and off.

Best of luck,
Shep

Post subject: Re: Tips for voile SD plate binding set-up
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:36 pm 

Also remember you can turn the blue plastic pieces around, just pop out the wires , turn 'em, pop the wires back into them. Might need to do this to get them closer together, or for needed clearance on the front for touring. Hope this helps, shep's directions are spot on.