Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:44 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: FLOW NXT-FX
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:44 pm 

I got a set of flow nxt fx as a gift. These are the ones with a carbon high back and they are supposed to be the stiffest of the NXT lineup. Having been riding burton step ins for the past decade or more I was intrigued by the apparent ease of entry of flow. I had seen a buddies flow bindings many years ago and when I examined them I found them to be very heavy. These are way lighter than those, although they are still probably considered a heavy binding. I like the four micro ratched buckles that lie very flat when locked down when compared to other models with two ratchet buckles paired with two ladder lock buckles. In other threads on flow many considered the standard flow ratchets to be too bulky for skining, these are very compact, so they should pose no such problem. I have only ridden them inbounds once, and found them easy to set up, easy to get into, easy to adjust, easy to latch closed and easy to get out of. (Not sure easy to get out of applies to a tree well while inverted thought) The snow was very plentiful, even inbounds where I was riding, but I inetentionally entered and exited a few times in deep snow to see how the boots entered the binding and if there was any clog issues. The snow was not wet so that could alter my impression later, but with this dry deep stuff there was no problems with getting into or out of this setup.

I will say that in 20 years of riding there has never been a foot to boot to binding to board combination that I have ridden that felt as well united and comfortable. I am very pleased with the flow nxt fx and boa dual zone boots. They may not be an ideal bc combo, but I really like them inbounds and on less remote bc trips I will give them a try. My only other note that would cause concern for skinning is the dial used to set the forward lean. This is not an ideal forward lean system for going from skinning at zero to riding at whatever you ride. I do not use much forward lean, so it may be of minimal concern for me, but those who use a lot of forward lean riding might well find this too big a hassle for the bc.

DC Torch / Lowa Structura EVO AT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:10 pm 

I ride 2 pairs of flow teams, the 2006 models, I love flow, especially the team, seems to be a great baseplate and concept, I definatly share your feeling for flow, as with any current binding though, they can have their issues, my cables are starting to fray near the swag, kida sucks, I fixed some new ones on that I jury rigged at the hardware store but what a pain in the ass. I've wondered how the other flows would be, keep us tuned on how they're holding up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:33 pm 

Logged 12 resort days on them so far and still love them. Everything works like new without any problems. I'm still very glad to have them and still think they are the best interface between me and the board ever. I have not taken them out on my split though as many say they are wide and the inner buckles bash the hell out of one another. Not sure I want to even attempt letting that happen.

DC Torch / Lowa Structura EVO AT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:40 pm 

I use my teams to split, they are the older model, ie, no ratcheting buckles, they rub sometimes but I really havn't had an issue, I like to loosen all the straps adn highback to tour and its a litle sloppy but very comfortable, I use them with La Sportiva nupstes and ZipFit liners.