Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:16 pm 

I got a second hand email from a VT b/c guide that its dumping up there. Any truth to that boys and girls ? 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:32 pm 

that is a fact, around 4-5 in burli during the day today, at least another from 6 to now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:34 am 

mergs wrote:
I got a second hand email from a VT b/c guide that its dumping up there. Any truth to that boys and girls ? 8)

Yep... Apparently snow is pilling up... We're planning an outting on sunday... We don't know where were going yet... Big Jay, Jay Peak area or Stowe. I'll be at the mountain Saturday for sure... We'll see about sunday.

Jay says they'll receive anywhere from 12-24in of snow before saturday morning. Snow should continue through the weekend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:44 pm 

I'll be at Jay for fri sat sun probably. Picking up my split today, so this weekend is gonna be my first time riding it. Any suggestions on where to go? I was thinking the around Big Jay

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:15 pm 

sneeky jesus wrote:
I'll be at Jay for fri sat sun probably. Picking up my split today, so this weekend is gonna be my first time riding it. Any suggestions on where to go? I was thinking the peak opposite Big Jay

???? Jay Peak???

Or do you mean across the road on 242?

PM for more info.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:56 pm 

I managed to get out to some lower elevation skiing on Thursday and Friday morning around the Montpelier area, and theres a good foot to 16" on top of a solid base, thanks to the rain etc from last week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:01 pm 

vt4311 wrote:
I managed to get out to some lower elevation skiing on Thursday and Friday morning around the Montpelier area, and theres a good foot to 16" on top of a solid base, thanks to the rain etc from last week.

Thanks for the info! Hope you'll post more info about your outtings and conditions!

Here's a quick re-cap of the weekend. Snow fell on a daily basis last week... The result is an even 6-8in of snow on top of the crud with some spots with a good 12-14in thanks to some winds. Sunday was quite a day out in the Jay area. We woke up to blue sky but by the time we reached the trailhead it was overcast with light snow. After our second lap it was really pucking snow and finding our own skin tracks was getting harder. At the end of our 3rd lap we got split up... I went to low... Climbed back to our meeting spot to find 2 others... but one was still missing... I went around the track to find where he went... He was completely to the opposite of my track... maybe 500m away... He was in the process of switching over... He too was never able to see the track and went too far down... Since it was really blowing hard and snowing, we decided to pack out and head back to the car. I manage to find a sick line with 14in all over and pretty steep too... All the way down... Best run of the day!

We also met up with Sneeky Jesus with his brand new setup. I think he had a good too! Ran into a guy from Boston also on a Prior split... The scene is definately growing around here! Pretty cool! Snow's on the way... Hopefully i'll mange to get a few turns in this w-e!

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:56 am 

Hey from downrange (stowe/bolton/waterbury)

I'm going to be up for Fri-Sat-Sun for an anuual ski house reunion.
Might have a friend on AT.

I've ridden Big Jay from the resort before, but with the closure I'm interested in a skin up from 242. (Don't know where "the" skintrack is tho.....

Anyone around interested? I'd be happy to return the guiding/beta in my neck of the woods.......

PM's are welcome

-Matt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:59 pm 

Nothing exciting going on in the East... Rain and lots of it poured down over the weekend... After 4-5in of heavy wet snow friday night, everything turned to liquid... Freezing rain also... So now, it's around 20F... so everything is rock solid! So now i think we have a decend base for spring turns... the way things are going, it looks like we'll have a hard time getting deep stuff...

On the other hand, the Laurentians got pounded... We drove back home from Jay in blizzard condition for half the trip. 12-16in in Montreal and about 18-20in in the Laurentians. Conditions were simply amazing at Alta (a small resort that doesn't have any artificial snow and doesn't groom much with tons of glades... tickets: 18$ or something!)

Next weekends, i'm off to the chic-chocs in Gaspesia (way out east!) with some snowmobile help out in the backcountry... We'll be filming a lot over 3 days. Should be epic! It's not earned turns... but we'll have lots of open terrain and tons of snow! First trip out there... Can't wait!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:18 pm 

I made it up to Jay this morning, skinned up to Timbuktu and boy was that a huge mistake. The glades are horrible. Hope you have fun in the chic chocs, I've been wanting to make it up there. Snap some pics!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:41 pm 

could this be a last hurrah?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:44 pm 

If we get the 20in we're suppose to get by tomorrow night in Jay, i'll be touring somewhere around the area over the weekend...

We'll see...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:30 pm 

Think you'll be around on Sunday? I'm going with a group from my school to Mansfield on Saturday, but this weekend looks too good to only go one day.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next