Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:14 pm 

I used to work for Sims, from '93-'99. The Burner is about 10 or so years old and is quite an alpine board. The split tail didn't take off but those boards ride awesome. They also made a 197 which I took out for a couple of runs and may have been the most scared I have ever been on a snowboard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:46 pm 

Man, you scared? Not something I can visualize after seeing you drop some short icy vertical chutes and bomb the trees on that fish. That is a heck of a long board that would just continue to accelerate though. I bet Jon Dahl is drooling even more hearing about that long skinny board. They look sweet, awesome quiver.

DC Torch / Lowa Structura EVO AT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:13 pm 

The Burner design lives on in the Alpinpunk splittail race stick. You ride those Burners forward on the insert pattern and let the soft tail finish the carved turn for you. Fragile, though. Been a few Burners for sale on Bomberonline recently. Titanal topsheet boards are taking over the freecarve and race scene, soft longitude flex with stiff torsional flex. Supposed to the best thing since sliced bread in the chop, which is why you see titanal (esp. Kessler) boards ruling slalom courses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:40 pm 

Mumbles.....let me take those Burton Race Plates of your hands :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:45 pm 

Sorry Affix Snow, those burton carriers have to stay at home with me. Now that I'm dividing my time with AT boots and soft boots I'm in need of all the bindings I can get and still have to swap from deck to deck before trips. My entire fleet used to be equipped with burton step ins, no need to move, just pack and go. I even have a set of quick discs that allow me to change my angles tool free on the carriers, love that setup even though the quick discs are a bit heavy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:59 pm 

Some nice quivers posted in here.

I'll add mine, the mullet just got cut in half, and will be mounted up split style tomorrow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:15 pm 

ok, what is up this the lack of skis in everyone pictures? i know you guys with all those boards also have skis. what? embarrassed? :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:21 pm 

Jack, you want ski steeze? My wife has a tiny set of skis that are from about 1985, and my kid's stroller thingy has two skis that attach to the bottom. Want to see them.

I grew up xc skiing for fitness as a lad in the wintery midwest. Never owned a set of skis since then. Downhilled with some minimal skill level until I demoed a board on Jan 1, 1987. Bought that burton 145 that day and never looked back until getting into splitting. That is as close to skiing as I'm interested in getting, splitting with AT boots.

Now show us your skis and boards if you will.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:23 pm 

i have a picture earlier in this thread. although i have added a NS legacy since then (sick) and.........a pair of alpine skis.......(tele was too hard) :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:28 pm 

I have heard sick things of NS boards. I'm mostly a burton geek, I should spread my wings. I'm thinking of adding a short twin tip to set up slightly ducked out and teach myself how to ride goofy as I'm teaching my 4 year old. I'm a one direction guy and wonder what I'm missing from the view over the tail of the board.

Post subject: Gluttony
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:58 pm 

I like swallowtails - big swallowtails.

I love my Voile 195 swallowtail so much that when another one came up on eBay I bought it for insurance. The Nitro 195 PowderGun is my heli-board. (Note how similar the Voile is to the Nitro PowderGun - in the flesh they look identical). I use the Nitro 196 PowPow on resort powder days. I just scored the Prior 202 Swallowtail; if there's enough snow in CO this weekend I will give it a try at a resort.

I've also popped in one pair of skis in the pic - with my AT boots (Scarpa Denalis) I can quickly switch from boarding to skiing or vice versa without having to change boots. I do this quite often at resorts.

I demo'd the Scarpa TX last December on the NTN (New Telemark Norm) in the hopes that I could have one boot for snowboarding, alpine skiing, and telemark skiing. Unfortunately the NTN boot wouldn't fit in my plate bindings - the toe box is too big for the bail to close over. That was a big surprise - too bad because I really liked the way the NTN boots alpined skied, and I think I could eventually break them in for telemarking (They felt way too stiff, couldn't flex them very well).

I love carving on the groomers. The F2 was my first effort at a carving board, followed by the Burton, and finally in love with the Swoard which was initially demo'd at a SES sponsored by BomberOnline.

K2 Eldorados are my favorite resort all mountain board - they carve quite well and are great in soft snow and crud too.

ALSO this one which lives up in the mountains, waiting for me to use it again...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:49 pm 

No wonder I'm so frustrated in finding a swallowtail. You guys own them all. Quota, Refried, Jon Dahl and Tim Ryan probably own over half of the swallowtails ever made. Anyone want to share? I'm still looking to find one. Split preferred!

Nice quiver Tim, are you a speed freak?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:49 pm 

No wonder I'm so frustrated in finding a swallowtail. You guys own them all. Quota, Refried, Jon Dahl and Tim Ryan probably own over half of the swallowtails ever made. Anyone want to share? I'm still looking to find one. Split preferred!

Nice quiver Tim, are you a speed freak?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next