Splitboard.com Forums

The World's first exclusive splitboard discussion forums

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:56 pm 

Brand new pucks, just need a little elbow greese. Haven't done any sanding...I like the tight fit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:59 am 

B-P: I would say that in general they won't fit most bindings, there's quite a variety of mounting hole patterns on the heelcups. I can send you a pdf with the hole pattern if you want to check it against your binders, send an email to will@sparkrandd.com.

radam: Hmmm. Do you think it's the rivets rubbing on the top sheet that's causing the tight fit, or how the binding grips the pucks? If it's the rivets you can shave a little off with a file, I'd only do that if one has a high point sticking up. If it's the track gripping the pucks sanding the pucks is the only fix that's easy to do. You might want to use a sanding block to ensure that you're sanding them flat. Glad to hear you have the gaskets in place. If you're still having trouble email me some pics and we'll get it figured out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:55 pm 

radam, sounds like you might have installed the two pucks a little out of line... try loosening both the pucks on one ski, but keeping the other 2 pucks tight, and installing the bindings. gently slide the bindings off and then tighten the loose pucks in their perfect position

Sometimes even just the action of screwing in one screw completely while the other is loose can rotate the puck slightly out of line. Try tightening the screws together with single turns each until they're both tight.

also you can lube'er up a tiny bit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:00 am 

Woot! mine arrived in the mail and I'm all stoked for Chamonix.

Thanks Will!

Am I correct in guessing that these are the first to have made it outside NA? I was pretty high up on the list...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:17 am 

I hear there's a chap in Scotland with some!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:33 pm 

Wow, those just showed up? I sent them a loooooong time ago. Must be Israel customs. That is the first cat I've seen with them.

I have sets in Canada, Germany, Finland, England and Japan right now. This blows my mind! The internet age is amazing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:38 pm 

Yeah, israeli customs are my one true bane. There is nothing I hate more than the customs bureau.

I'm only glad they didn't hold it for further inspection (Then you would get them back in about 5 months because they never answer my faxes/phone).

Congrats on the internationality, and here for a moment I thought I was special ;-)

I have them all set up and I can't wait to ride them. I just hope the bent metal highback doesn't give me too much trouble with my boots (la sportiva nuptse). I might need to get real snowboard boots in the end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:19 pm 

Just a follow-up to Will, SP, etc... Thanks for the tips. Did quite a bit more sanding with a sanding block a few weeks ago. Top and bottom edges of the pucks were VERY tight but finally got the binders to come off without throwing my back out. Also realigned the pucks as SP recommended. The Voile slidertracks work better than the puck template for that. Noticed that some rivets were tighter than others and the binder track would "jump" as it slides on the pucks, but seems to be breaking in now. Have gotten out on a few bc days since.

Since I've never used the Voile slider tracks before I can't compare but the Sparks work great! The BM toe straps work well as cap straps and the die-cut foam took away the heal hotspots (as I am using well worn Burton Hails). The pin lanyards work as long as they are not twisted. Only petty items is the adjustable toecap screw needs to be replaced with a real one as others noted.

Thanks Will!

Will wrote:
B-P: I would say that in general they won't fit most bindings, there's quite a variety of mounting hole patterns on the heelcups. I can send you a pdf with the hole pattern if you want to check it against your binders, send an email to will@sparkrandd.com.

radam: Hmmm. Do you think it's the rivets rubbing on the top sheet that's causing the tight fit, or how the binding grips the pucks? If it's the rivets you can shave a little off with a file, I'd only do that if one has a high point sticking up. If it's the track gripping the pucks sanding the pucks is the only fix that's easy to do. You might want to use a sanding block to ensure that you're sanding them flat. Glad to hear you have the gaskets in place. If you're still having trouble email me some pics and we'll get it figured out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:55 pm 

Hey BSOE do you still have those BM. if so I would take them off your hands. PM if you still have them I'm in CB. Hope you still have them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:39 am 

Are the Spark bindngs going to be available before the snow melts this season? What number is being serviced right now? What's the average production time for a pair of bindings? I really wanted a pair for this season to go with my new board, but at this rate I'm thinking I will see them in the middle of next season... roughly about a year from now. :(

I assume Will is building them as fast as he can, but I'm growing impatient. Sorry for all the questions, but I need to know soon. At this rate it looks like I may be forced to buy some other brand of bindings and use the crappy Voile set-up so I can go ride.

Tip for Will: Today sponsor people to help with production. Tomorrow sponsor team riders!!! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:11 pm 

Interestingly enough, Erik is upstairs right now taking apart all the bent metal bindings I bought!

Yoda you're number at about #59 or so right now, so it definitely won't be next season. It took me a few months just to get my sourcing stuff figured out. Now it's more streamlined so production can be more continuous. We appreciate your patience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:34 pm 

Will - nice looking product you've got going. TWo questions for you.

1. What are my options if I don't like the bent metal bindings?

2. DO you have plans for a medium sized product?

Appreciate your answers. LAYC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:46 pm 

LaughingAtYouClowns wrote:
1. What are my options if I don't like the bent metal bindings?

2. DO you have plans for a medium sized product?

Look at the many mods in the forum - bcrider has his set up to essentially be Burton C60s, someone else put drake straps/highbak, IIRC.

As for the size - I think by moving the highback and playing with the straps you should have a very big range of sizes. My mountaineering boots are like a medium boot, but my snowboarding boots are fat (also upsized) and all it took was repositioning the highback a bit (there's a pretty big range).

Good luck

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next